5.0 out of 5 stars My Most Played Album Ever, 2 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Harvest Storm (Audio CD)
I have had 3 copies of this album now, and I'm about to buy another one! I gave the first 2 away, and lost my last one - and still keep coming back for more! The album is fantastic. Unlike most albums (even the best ones), there isn't a single track on it that I would prefer wasn't there. There is a wonderful mix of tempos, the raucous opening tunes, the haunting Mo Choill, the quirky and humourous Si Do Mhaimeo and the beautiful ethereal Dobbin's Flowery Vale (my favourite). I have all the Altan albums, and to my mind this is the best - it is certainly my favourite. I'd be very surprised if everyone couldn't find something on here to enjoy, and I defy anyone to keep their feet still when the old favourites Drowsy Maggie and Rakish Paddy are given the treatment! All I can say is I wouldn't be without this beside my CD player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Harvest Storm (Audio CD)
Bought this on the strength of its reputation. Yup, they're right, it's really very good. My young daughter wanders the house humming the tunes.

I've listened again and again, each time it seems to get better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Altan's best?, 12 Jun 2009
This review is from: Harvest Storm (Audio CD)
I am not sure which is the best Altan album it is either Harvest Storm or Island Angel both are great.

Harvest Storm
Harvest Storm by Altan (Audio CD - 2000)