5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. Mellow, melodic, intriguing music to move you, 18 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Last Great Concert - My Favourite Songs Vol.1 & 2 (Audio CD)
To be honest there is little more to say about this CD than the summary, this has to be one of my all time favourite CDs.
Chet Baker comes through very movingly through soft trumpet and emotion-steep vocals. The sounds fill you and take you off to another world filled with notes so tangiable that they can almost be touched.
If you like mellow music then you will love this as much as I do.
The version of My Funny Valentine will certainly stand the tests of time as one of the best ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Chet at his best!!!, 7 Nov 2003
This 2CD album is realy a treasure and one the best Chet' last recordings! I have about twenty of Baker recordings and have herad many more but this one as well as "The Legacy, Vol.1" and "Chet Baker in Tokyo" are the most wonderful! Pure jazz! A few recording companies advice first to buy his early recordings, but I advice you to buy first this one (or these tree). Start from the best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric and appealing, 5 Feb 2012
I am very pleased with this recording of an iconic moment in Chet'e sadly shortened life. My only slight disappointment is that I would have liked more of Chet's evocative vocal side. Nevertheless, a purchase to cherish and value.