• Rent

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 December 2000
I loved the show having seen it three times and this CD has everything I loved about the show. The songs are amazing and although its only music it inspires me. I always feel hopeful after listening to this. Its a must for anyone who loves the show and full credit goes to the cast for the superb performances on this CD. So may talented people together it really desrves more stars. I usually listen to some of the songs at least once a day. Its playing right now and will be for the next few hours. Now you all think I'm weird but anyone who has seen the show will hopefully know what I mean about it being inspirational. Buy and enjoy people.
on 29 September 2001
YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS CD! No musicals lover's CD collection is complete without it. It has a perfect combination of drama, comedy, tragedy and happiness. Every time I listen to it, it sends shivers down my spine. All the tracks are amazing, but I especially like 'Santa Fe', 'Light My Candle', 'Seasons of Love', 'Hallowe'en' and of course, the legendary 'La Vie Boheme'.
I have seen the stage show four times and I listen to the CD all the time, and I never get bored of it. I'm not saying all of this 'cos I wanna get my review on the Internet. I'm saying this because I truly believe it. The music is amazing and the storyline is so touching. All the singers on this CD are incredible, and they deserve to have everyone buy this CD. So go on. Treat yourself.
on 11 November 2001
Difficult to know where to start! I have seen this musical three times (twice in two days) that's how good it is! You must know what it's about by now, but the songs are absolutely fantastic. The best highlights on this album are 'Rent', 'Out Tonight' and 'Santa Fe' for me, but everyone has their favourites, even my mum loves 'Light My Candle'! The best thing about this album is that there is a song on here for whatever mood you're in: if you're feelin depressed and lonely you might listen to 'Life Support'; if you're feeling loud and a bit crazy you'll want 'Out Tonight'; if you're full of hope or just want to dream then 'Santa Fe' is the one for you. Have I gone on enough? Just buy it, please!!!
on 21 May 2004
I have seen the UK stage show 11 times, which I dont think is excessive, I swear it wasn't enough!
Even if you don't get to watch the show, buy the CD, the songs alone will tell the story of the troubled lives of the charactors. They are catchy and classy, not at all cheesy, go on buy it, you won't regret it.
on 10 April 2006
Having only ever read about Rent and hearing how great it is from friends, i decide to buy the original cast recording.
I got it Thursday of last week and have listened to it about five times and each time i hear something different.
This has got to be one of the greatest things ive ever listened to.
And when the film opens in the Uk ill be the first in line to watch, maybe its the only way I'l ever get to see it.
on 4 August 2001
The original and unpredictable storyline that runs throughout Rent is something that Puccini should be proudn of. Being the inspiration for Larson's first class show- it deserves all the acclaim it has got and much more! The music is more than memorable and Larson quickly and effectively establishes his super characters through the medium. The soundtrack is the perfect way of keeping the memory of the show burning in one's mind till next time it's in town. The only question I have is why was this extraordinary piece of musical theatre taken off the London stage? It should be on show with the rest of the astonishing dramas such composers have created!
This is an absolutely fantastic, incredible, blow-you-away-until-all-that's-left-are-your-socks kinda show, and this CD is the perfect way to recapture the magic of the stage. Every little bit of emotion and drama is in here, along with the humour that makes the show so fantastic! Highlights for me (apart from all of it!) included Seasons of Love, I'll Cover You and especially the fantastic One Song Glory!! Buy this NOW!!! Why are you still reading? Get buying!!
on 6 March 2005
I have recently visited New York and watched the live stage performance of rent! Which included Drew Lachey from MTV'S Newlyweds playing the role of Mark! I loved the show and decided to purchase the soundtrack of Rent which consists of the old cast members but still its fab!!
I recommend anyone to buy this album even if you havent seen the show as the story of rent is told in the songs as there are littleactually words spoken in the play! Plus the album come with the kyrics of the whole show!!!!!
Buy this!! Watch this!!
on 29 May 2006
This is probably THE best musical I have ever seen on stage ever (mind you, I haven't seen IDINA in Wicked yet, but I have seen Wicked, so this is saying something...) Loads of my friends didn't get why me and my friend were so in love with it until they saw it on stage. Now they listen to it all the time like we do. If you are open minded, and willing to listen to it all the way through to get the story, you'll get RENT fever too. Its phenomenal. Moo.
on 12 April 2001
Having bought this cd as a taster before I got the chance to see the show, it did everything a cast recording should do. It captured the emotion, and feeling of what has got to be one of the most innovative shows of the decade. Having always had a passion for the theatre this musical is one that everyone should see and buying this cd should be theatre lovers number one priority.