on 3 November 2010
This has to be one of the best albums of all time and certainly some of Coldcut's best work.
Even in 2010 when the standard of music production has progressed so much, this album still delivers in quality and quantity.
A must have in anyone's music collection!
on 9 November 2011
I first heard a shortened version of this album on a free sampler from a DJ magazine and was instantly impressed. The full mix blew me away. It is one of my favourite mixes of all time, flowing seamlessly from one track to the next with a brilliant blend of genres. I have owned this album for about 13 years and have never grown tired of listening to it. I can have it on in the car continuously for weeks on end; I love it. Buy it. You will be missing a fantastic musical experience if you don't.
on 1 November 2012
I had to buy this album again as I lost my last one, this is one of my favourite mix albums of all time. A timeless classic!

Anyone who is into just one genre of the dance music scene should buy this to make them realise how all genres can come together........BUY, BUY, BUY!
on 12 June 2010
Cool , cool and as they say here in France supercool ! 1985/6 Definitly The Days of DJ Superstrars, also recommend JDJ- Paul Oakenfold, Chemical Brothers Live at the Social and 1st Leftfield Album...amongst others !
on 27 August 2015
I'm reviewing this about 15 years+ after first buying it. My first copy started jumping from being overplayed.
This CD is timeless. Like Frankie K's Essential Mix, and Massive Attack's Blue Lines it pulls off that rare paradox: very much of its time but doesn't date.
on 6 October 2009
Hugely innovative mix that kicks off with olde worlde drum 'n' bass/ jungle, before meandering through hip hop, techno, jazz, trip hop and broken beat. The marvel of this mix is that this seemingly impossible journey is unforced and flows naturally. You can imagine the boys mixing anything they can get their mits on. This makes this CD hugely refreshing, even now some years after its initial release. Turntables, imagination and great skill have combined to create one of the all time great DJ releases. Messrs paint by numbers house DJs should be green with envy.
on 11 March 2015