Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 March 2004
When people talk about FNM they always refer to the Real Thing onwards, and appear to forget that FNM existed before Mike Patton. This along with We care a lot (their debut) are my favourite albums from these guys. Whilst admittedly Chuck Moseley is not as talented as Patton, his vocals nevertheless have a certain charm about them, as well as tons of attitude. On this album FNM come across like a junior Public image limited or baby Chilli Peppers. Which is no bad thing. Get this album it's an undiscovered gem.
on 9 January 2002
I've read all the other reviews and one thing comes up everytime. Chuck Moresoly (spelt wrong) or Mike Patton? This really isnt the question as the anwser to any inquiry about Faith No More's underrated second album is "Yes, it ROCKS!!. Muscially there is almost nothing you can fault with this album, every song is amazing. Jim Martin is at a peak, listeners of The Real Thing can expect similar excellence here.
But again we must come to the Chuck or Mike debate. Dont get drawn into it. Never think 'I wish Mike Patton was singing'. Chuck does have a initially irritating lispy singing voice, as he cant really sing. But each song is so superb, and his voice is a big contributer to that. Get this album now, and listen to it without Mike Patton hang ups. I almost overlooked it by not giving it a chance. Then i bought a portable cd player, bunged it in, listened to it PROPERLY and loved it with all my Faith No More passioned heart. Hats of To Jim Martin (the crunch master), Billy Gould (superb bass), Mike Bordin (amazing tribal drumming), Roddy Bottum (adds every ounce of atmosphere) and yes, Chuck. The power behind the messege.
on 25 April 2003
OK - the problem this album always faced was FNM really hitting it big once Chuck had left the band, but this album for me has so much going for it - an early energy that the band seemed to lose a slice of with each album they issued after.
Highlights here are the amazing Chinese Arithmetic, the well played We Care A Lot, and Anne's Song.
I admit Chuck's voice is an aquired taste, a slightly lazy vocal, but full of character as is the music. The album embraces a wide range of ideas, creating a varied, sometimes amusing, mostly heavy mix.
Not their first album, but an album that for me defined what Faith No More were to become, but with a little hint of magic and freshness.
on 4 November 2015
Unlike any other FNM albums in terms of the majesty of Mike Patterns vocals - Chuck M moans and groans, often out of tune, all through this record - it was a bit of a shock when I first heard it, after getting into FNM post The Real Thing.
But....it works. And it's rather memorising. I'd go so far as to say this may be my favourite FNM album. Oh yes, I went there.
on 9 September 2000
Pre-Patton FNM has always had it's fair share of bad press, and with good reason - Chuck Mosely's vocals are drab, monotone, tuneless...
But give 'Introduce Yourself' a chance. Try to listen past the voice, to the music & the lyrics, & you'll find one hell of an album.
There's not one bad song on here: 'Faster Disco' is a cracking opener, and 'We Care a Lot' is a classic. 'Anne's Song', 'Death March', and 'Blood' are all great tunes too, but 'Chinese Arithmetic' is brilliant - overlooked far too regularly.
Yes, yes, we all know that if Mike Patton was singing it would have sounded better, but if Patton had been in the band at this time then these wouldn't have been the songs we'd have got - it would have been very different, both lyrically & musically.
So be grateful for the fact that this record was made the way it was. And after a while, when you're familiar with the songs, Chuck's voice really doesn't sound half as bad...
on 29 August 2007
I am something of a Mike Patton fan to say the least, I think he's earth shatteringly brilliant. I love Faith No More in all their different phases. However, as the years roll by I think one FNM album stands out as consistently brilliant and exciting. It's this one, Introduce Yourself with the under achieving Chuck Mosely on vocals.
on 1 September 2015
Chuck Mosely is great. The production is a bit sloppy but back then money was tight. A better effort than 'We care a lot.' Worth buying
on 14 June 2007
This is without a doubt ,one of the best records ever made..The words man sung by Mosley are genius..Patton done one great album with Faith no More,Chuck Mosley did two.. Jim Martin and Chuck Mosley made the sound of this band,Patton ruined it(the sound)..I like Patton on the real thing,,,everything else he did with FNM was usesless like that Mr Bungle stuff..Theres only so many times you can listen to Epic and a few other stuff...,But the crab song and this album,never dulls..quite the opposite infact..it inspires more.
on 9 May 2009
By far the best FNM album. As far as I am concerned FNM became dull and tedious when Patton took over from Moseley. This album has more attitude than you can shake a stick at and, in my opinion, has never dated (unlike the rest of FNM's funk-metal stchick). Rock on Chuck.
on 27 February 2014
For daughter she loved it fast delivery