5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing in it's simplicity.
There is not much to add to the comments of other reviewers. I bought this CD from Amazon as it was a cheapie, and because the reviews indicated it was similar to some other music I've been listening to recently. The investment was definitely worthwhile. The CD contains some of the most gentle, simply structured music I have ever heard, but on the 2nd or 3rd play reveals...
Published on 16 Dec 2003 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners
Published on 31 Jan 2012 by C. Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars music for zen album, 1 Jan 2013
I found this album quiet good. it's quiet relaxing and soothing. I enjoy listening in the bath or as background music whilst I'm reading .

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, 15 Dec 2012
I find this music totally relaxing and calming, It's best to play it when the kids are not about (if that's possible!) so you can completely relax

5.0 out of 5 stars Tranquility from your cd player., 21 Nov 2012
I only have one complaint about this cd, "it's not long enough". Lovely tranquil sounds.
Have recomened it to many friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very calming, 31 Aug 2012
I owned this CD before and lost it in a flood so was very happy to get a new copy. Great for mediation or just creating a calming atmosphere after a hectic day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilled, 24 May 2012
I love listening to this while meditating and use it as background music while I'm writing too. very chilled. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars For wakefulness., 22 Mar 2012
This album is a little bit eerie and is similar to the background music you get on television programmes when things get serious or mysterious. It probably won't send you to sleep, but calm you and help you to relax and meditate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love...!!!, 26 Dec 2009
J. S. Jurczyszyn (Bieszczady, Poland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music for Zen Meditation: Remastered (Audio CD)
You must know how to feel your heart. For me-individuum in the ocean of Love this form of art is a master-piece.
If it feels light deep within your heart when thinking of buying this art, then you know what to do...

Love...!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners, 31 Jan 2012
C. Taylor (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son as he wanted to learn about meditation. He has found it very helpful. I found the gaps between tracks rather interfering. I think for me a fade in and out is smoother than a total cut off. I can highly recommend this for anyone who wants to introduce a little calm into their life. The clarinet is not obtrusive but adds some rounded warm sounds, which may have been missed without it. Nice thoughtful music, easy listening and calming. Feel that stress just melt away !

4.0 out of 5 stars peace,man !, 29 Mar 2011
Mr. K. O. Hodgson "hodge ok?" (shropshire) - See all my reviews
very peaceful,restful music when you want a REALLY quiet period,but don't play it all the way through because it gets a bit "samey" and that kind of spoils it.I also think that the clarinet has too strong a western influence at times.having said all that,i really like it, just in small doses is all! rating? 7 3/4 out of 10.

3.0 out of 5 stars This quiet music seeks your attention too loud; and is too mournful to be salubrious, 26 Sep 2007
This review is from: Music for Zen Meditation: Remastered (Audio CD)
I enjoyed the music, and particularly the innovative use of instruments, but I would not recommend this CD to anyone looking for something to help them relax, particularly if their nerves are in a bad way.

I suppose it depends on what you personally find relaxing: the music floats along adequately, without any shrill surprises, but it can be somewhat hebetudinous in places, which can leave the listener feeling depressed.

In general, the music I find most relaxing has a benign, uplifting dimension, but "Music for Zen Meditation" is too much on the mournful side.

The musical performance is very impressive, but I would say a little self-conscious, and it's not easy to let go and relax when it feels like the artist is seeking your constant approval ("listen to this, you'll like this bit.. wait for it.. that was good, wasn't it!".

If you are looking to relax, I would recommend some carillon music - it does for me!

Music for Zen Meditation: Remastered
Music for Zen Meditation: Remastered by Tony Scott (Audio CD - 1999)