on 19 November 2013
A few years ago I collected as many different narrations of "Peter and the Wolf" as I could find, for a local radio Christmas special quiz. I was expecting the Sean Connery narration to the real turkey of the lot, but it turned out to be the best. Connery takes it seriously, he does not do a cute voice for children. He really makes you understand that being confronted by a wolf in the forest is frightening! Well done Sean.
on 29 March 2011
Oh, I still have the old family vinyl of this, and will buy the electronic version as I no longer own a record player! Just spent hours and hours as a kid play acting this out with my sisters, and just remember this as if a beautiful dream.

Did listen to it more recently, and behind the crackles of a now over-played LP (which WON'T be on what you buy!!) just the sexiest reading of Peter and the Wolf that money can buy. Funny, didn't notice that as a 7 year old! :-) Enjoy. Has to be better than the Terry Wogan version, hasn't it?!!
on 8 October 2013
Always been a fan of the Connery accent, and always been a fan of Prokofiev so was a slam dunk that I would like this CD.
on 29 January 2012
Arrived quickly and in good condition. Bought it for the grandchildren to listen to but they don't quite know what to make of it yet!
on 21 August 2010
What a great place Amazon is as you seem to able to find everything that you want. Was asked to see if I could find this item for a gift. Easily found and the recipient is very pleased with the CD.
on 9 May 2013
I was raised listening to this recording and was so pleased to be able to enjoy it again. It is the best I have heard. Love it, love it, love it.
on 11 October 2014
Arrived promptly. Product as described. Excellent service Thankyou
on 22 February 2016
Love it
Can you please tell me why this is takink to long?
The item has not been dispatch yet and I order it almost 1 month ago!

At this point I will cancel the order!

Thanks Diogo