on 25 August 2013
The only live album that's better than this is 'Smell of Female', also by the Cramps.
Woody Allen once said that he was proud of a few things in his life, and one of them was seeing the Cramps. They were the best live band I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. I saw them three times - the Studio in Bristol, Brixton, and the Astoria - all unforgetable. What an act. Don't think anybody can ever equal them let alone better them.
I'm surprised there's never been an official Cramps concert DVD, apart from the Napa State Mental Hospital one. I wish Ivy would produce one (as well a doing a tour - instrumental blues, rockabilly, garage ... or maybe she could do one with Wanda Jackson ...)
Totally agree with the other reviewer - 'Heartbreak Hotel' is the biz!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2004
I bought this album on vinyl on it's release in 1987. Fantastic stuff. I've seen the Cramps live twice, both during their 1986 tour of the UK. Once in the Hammersmith Odeon and the other in the Hammersmith Palais. The one in the Palais was an insane experience and this album is the only thing that comes close to it.......... Buy it now !!!!!! If only for Heartbreak Hotel !!