Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 January 2010
This is such a wonderful soundtrack. It is full of such beautiful music some of it slightly haunting. I discovered this soundtrack when my boyfriend was watching the film. I was working on our laptop and not watching the film but each time a piece of music came on, it made me stop in my tracks and look up. This has not happened to me before and it surprised me that I was so captivated by what I was hearing. The 'finale' really is an amazing piece of music. Go to Amazon.com to hear samples of the CD.
on 2 May 2016
Epic Score For An Epic Film Ennio Morricone's Music Score For Once Upon A Time In The West Surely Ranks As One Of The Best Western Scores Ever Composed. Sweeping with every Track and That famous Harmonica score To The Throbbing sounds of Jill's America & Jill's Theme we have all seen The Movie and been blown away by it's music score. Though stated I can't be sure if This is The full complete soundtrack But every Musical Moment That I recall from The Film is featured on This Disc And for The price This is a worthy purchase for any Movie soundtrack collection. Cheyenne Harmonica Jill All Characters From The Movie Intertwined In Our Memorys As With The Sweeping Music Score It Is A Musical Journey.
What we have here is yet another haunting soundtrack from Ennio Morricone as he partner’s up with director Sergio Leone, to one the best Spaghetti Westerns of the late 1960s. This OST is excellent meld between the OST and the camera work; which then fuses into its own narrative in an eloquently depict the view of the dust bowl wastelands of the arid American West. The composition is made up of ‘bygone’ old time tunes. There is also inventive use of vocals, in this case whistling which is coupled with the basic percussion rhythm use of coconut shells that eloquently make up ("Farewell to Cheyenne").

Upon release of this 1968's ‘Once Upon a Time in the West’ OST, around 10 million copies were sold worldwide.
on 22 April 2016
This, one of the most appropriate marriages of soundtrack to film in all cinema, is also one of Morricone's best stand-alone scores. Each character in Leone's epic spaghetti western has a Morricone theme associated with their appearances and - as with his other scores - the result generally enhances the images rather than detracts from them. The 'Harmonica' theme is especially haunting. Overlooking one or two indifferent filler tracks this score is a long-time favourite with only the bonkers Giu la Testa (Duck You Sucker!) a superior score. An enhanced release of this OST with added tracks would be even better, though I presume no extras are available in the archives.
on 24 September 2010
On time, perfect condition and most importantly, its the real deal - dont fall for the fake remakes - this was genuine with the actual tracks from the film, and at a good price. If its too cheap its for a reason.
on 25 October 2010
Having bought the marvellous original soundtrack for "Once Upon a Time in America" I was reminded of how much I loved the soundtrack for "Once Upon a Time in the West" and Morricone's music in general, so bought this album.

It is as good as I remembered and expected although I could not recall ever hearing track 4 ("The Transgression") in the movie. My only disappointment is, with a running time of less than 40 minutes, the album is a tad short, but it is still worth buying and great value - definitely worth 5 stars.
on 29 January 2016
I am buying this on recommendations that I read on here. Quite simply this music is haunting and so beautiful. I had a film taken of my wedding in 1968 and it was a cine film as it was quite old fashioned my husband paid to have it transferred on to a video. The man who did it transferred this music to the video as there was no sound. I had no idea what the music was until I saw the film Once Upon a Time in the West. I have been captivated by it ever since. Ennio Morricone is wonderful and I shall treasure this cd forever.
on 31 July 2000
I have never bought a Western soundtrack before and I am not a particulary big fan of the genre but this score is one of my all time favourites. It is quite simply absolutely gorgeous.
on 24 May 2013
My wife's favourite music and our all time favourite film. This disc is a perfect evocation and rendering of the film experience. An excellent recording.
on 14 June 2015
Beautiful music also a great DVD - I just love Ennio Morricone's film soundtracks & CD albums.