Published on 23 July 2012 by A lady with excellent taste

2.0 out of 5 stars great album, faulty disk
A fantastic, nostalgic album which I had wanted to replace in my collection. Sadly, the disk skipped all the way through the New Order track, so it had to be returned.
Published 11 months ago by twowanda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best soundtracks ever!! but cd was second hand :-(, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
Of course this cd is fantastic. I already knew this as bought the audio tape of it at the time. Born Slippy never ages and when I listen to it, for a few minutes, neither have I!! I do think it's my most favourite song ever. Other fantastic songs include the poignant Lou Reed's Perfect Day, Sleeper's version of Atomic and the ever-feel good Lust for Life. Pulp's there too - a lovely trip back to the 90s, no drugs required.

I was however disappointed that the cd I received was not brand new. I was not made aware of the fact that it would be 2nd hand. Disc was film wrapped, but tiny food bits were left on the cd sleeve(yuck) which was rather tatty and well-thumbed.

I was given the opportunity to return the cd. I kept it however as plays fine and makes a fantastic car cd to play - 9 year old son loves it too!!

5 stars for the cd but not the service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tracks and Hits, 7 Jun. 2000
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
Along with "Pulp Fiction" and "Saturday Night Fever", this is one of the best movie soundtracks of the rock era. It is one of those rare things which embodied the zeitgeist of the mid-nineties pop culture explosion, at least as much as the book and film themselves.
The inclusion of Iggy Pop and Lou Reed gives a gruff (yet very melodic) nod to 70's-excess-heroin-hedonism culture, whose modern (and much less chic) version is portrayed in the book and film. There are latter-day equivalents of this anxious, restless, tragic ennui in Blur's "Sing", Pulp's "Mile End" and Elastica's "2:1", but the revelation on this CD is THE song more than any other which got rockers dancing in the late 20th Century: Underworld's "Born Slippy". Its minimalist, quasi-symphonic ideals (slightly dented by the fact that all the group's other songs revealed themselves to be the son of, grandson of, half-neice once-removed of, the same tune!) are the sonic equivalent of a dip in icy cold water. Its seemingly positive and cathartic vibe is offset by the doubting lyric and unresolved final chord, perfectly reflecting the cynical sham proclamations by Renton that he is going straight from now on in.
The only maddening thing about this album is its exclusion of Heaven 17's "Temptation", but then those nice people at EMI have included it on the sequel soundtrack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Soundtrack Ever, 22 April 2009
I. M. Knight (Huddersfield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
This is an excellent collection of music and definitely one of the best soundtrack to a movie. If you've seen the film `Trainspotting' then you've probably already got this, if you haven't then get it. The album has some superb dance tracks in there mixed with some classic songs from Iggy Pop and Lou Reed as well as a few Britpop contributions. This is certainly the better of the two soundtracks, but the other is also worth a listen. I love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the film, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
I loved the film, it was so true to life, obviously with artistic additive!. Depending upon personal experiences! The soundtrack is emotive and evocative! I hated Dr Who after the Dalek's, but this is a REAL TARDIS to take you back in time! BRILLIANT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trainspotting soundtrack, 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
A great sublime soundtrack for a great film. I enjoy this music very much, Pulp et al. Get it in whatever form you can. The film is great and the soundtrack really makes you appreciate the deeper ideas behind the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best soundtracks going, 11 Feb. 2011
L. Taylor (Leicester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
What a great soundtrack. The main track that I bought this CD for is 'Final Hit' by 'Leftfield', but the whole of the CD is really good. Real mixture of tracks. Even if you have not seen the film, the CD is still great.

2.0 out of 5 stars great album, faulty disk, 17 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Review, 13 Aug. 2013
Mrs Nicola Whelan (Courtown, Co. Wexford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
This is an excellent soundtrack to the 90's film with various artists on it. I downloaded it to my MP3 player, so I listen to it when I go power walking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
Brilliant film, brilliant album! Now a classic - I must be getting old!
All the tracks from the film to take you back to the 90's!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Trainspotting (Audio CD)
I know this CD so no surprises there. I wanted to replace a damaged CD and this did the job at a great price. So as I expected.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Trainspotting
Trainspotting by Trainspotting (Related Recordings) (Audio CD - 1996)