Format: Audio CDChange

on 21 October 2013
This is a superb debut album. I love all the Foo's albums but this is one that has a special place in my heart. It reminds me of when rock music was good in the 90's & can still sound as fresh now as it did in 1995! 'Big me' is my favourite standout track but there isnt a poor track on the album.
on 28 February 2012
This will be a short review because I think the music on this album needs no big up, the music does more than speaks for its self. In my opinion this is the best album they have released to date. Thanks.
on 10 September 2003
Granted, this album isn't as good as Nirvana's Nevermind but it's a hell of a debut! Dave G recorded the entire album himself which shows what a good musician he actually is. The songs are all good, standouts are This Is A Call, For All The Cows and Weenie Beanie. You can definitely see the nirvana influences on the album, it has a very grungey sound but hey, thats not a bad thing. The only thing that i could say bad about the album is that DG's singing isnt quite what Kurts was but this is Foo Fighters, not Nirvana! Rock on!!
on 14 July 2000
There are few things that can be said to be truely original. This album only titled 'Foo Fighters' is a must have. It is what Nevermind was to Nirvana. The songs are so powerfull a well written, Dave Grohl suprised everyone with the outcome. There are strong early Nirvana influences and early 'Seattle' sounds. This album is Dave Grohl's own work and reflects true inspiration only possible from working with the Seattle thing. A total must for any fan of Nirvana or Foo Fighters
on 27 January 2006
When I first heard this album I fell in love with it, from the first 2 immediate impact of This Is A Call & I'll Stick Around to the last strains of Exhausted we have Jazz, Punk and Garage rock tracks all over the place. O.k. the production isn't great but originally it's was a batch of demos but to me this only adds to the feel of this fantastic album.
0Comment10 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2015
I'm a late arrival to the Foo's music but have to say I'm loving it. This is their first album & there's still that grunge influence here & a sign of great things to come.
on 4 September 2012
the foo fighters have done a spectacular album up to their normal amazing standard.every song is fantastic and well worth listening to over and over.
on 18 July 2012
A very quick dispatched, And I'm very satisfied with the cd, it's so great to listen to an old songs. Many thanks and all the best!
on 28 June 2014
Being a fan of Foo Fighters recent work, I thought I'd check out their earlier recordings.

I was not disappointed.
on 29 May 2013
Great music, a real pleasure. Foo Fighters Rocks! I recommend to everyone with a good taste of music. One of the best band.