5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Poetry, 29 Nov 2010
Celeste (Bedfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phoebe Snow (Audio CD)
This maybe over 35 years old but even now it is still a wonderful album that I return to over and over. I remember listening to this as a child and it was hearing a Corinne Bailey Rae track that made me think back to the smoothness of Phoebes' voice and I just had to get the CD. Listening to it again 30 years on I was worried I wouldn't connect to it but I can honestly say that I can now appreciate it from an adults point of view.

I personally do not think this has aged, it could be recorded today and still sell. If you like a mellow groove along the lines of Melody Gardot, Madeline Peyroux, Norah Jones etc then give Phoebe a go, such a shame that her personal tragedy didn't give her more time to record.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why no MP3?, 17 Sep 2010
Arthur Blenkinsop (Lanarkshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phoebe Snow (Audio CD)
I've had a vinyl copy of this album since the 70s and still love it. Harpo's Blues is about as good as a song could get and several other tracks aren't so far behind. Mostly lazy, moody jazz/folk/blues feel (quite hard to pin down). Terrific songs, wonderful voice. Great late night music (with a bottle of decent red). For some reason, none of these tracks seem to be available for MP3 download in the uk, so grab it on CD while you can and ask yourself how you've lived without it till now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phoebe Snow's best album in my opinion, 28 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Phoebe Snow (Audio CD)
This album is so great that I do not know where to start describing it. Every song is a total masterpiece and they all fit together to make a seemless whole. Great for sunny summer afternoons & rainy autumn days. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Phoebe Snow (Audio CD)
I heard her sing on a Paul Simon track. Googled the name bought the cd - its now one of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snowed Under, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Phoebe Snow (Audio CD)
Phoebe Snow is no longer a well known name but in the early 1970s she wrote some of the finest and most poetic songs of anyone in the business. Harpo's Blues, with the wonderful opening line: 'I wish I was a willow' and its quotes from Shakespeare: 'I strut and fret my hour upon the stage', must be right up there with Dylan. So too the poignant, 'Poetry Man'. She sang these songs with a distinctive voice which was her own creation and she was backed by some of the best West Coast musicians of the period including the tenor sax player Zoot Sims. This disc is her best, a treasure house of great singing and great song writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Phoebe, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Phoebe Snow (Audio CD)
I have been listening to Ms. Snow since this album came out. She's amazing and these songs are so important to me having grown up with the songs as part of the tapestry of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Phoebe Snow [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Very Pleased

Phoebe Snow
Phoebe Snow by Phoebe Snow (Audio CD - 1999)