5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect autumn soundtrack
OK, guitar-based ballads-don't you just hate the connotations? There are so few artists who make this stuff without making the listener yawn, they should be set in stone for the world to see. And so are Mazzy Star with "Among My Swan", their best release to date. Truly one of the most touching and emotional albums of the musically prolific 90's. This is no...
Published on 18 Aug 2000 by vlad_shusterman@hotmail.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring Depressive Drone Musick
Published 12 months ago by Kim Fowley

5.0 out of 5 stars Distorted, dreamy, trance music, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: Among My Swan (Audio CD)
Fantastic - kind of a mix of Cocteau Twins, Lori Carson, Mogwai & I don't know what. Distorted guitars, dreamy vocals, thickly layered music - takes you to another, more relaxed, place. Can't recommend highly enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Among My Swan., 13 July 2012
T. Cunningham (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Among My Swan (Audio CD)
Never heard of Mazzy Star until I watched the film Down In The Valley, and heard the track 'Happy' in the scene where the couple hit the town, anyway that song caught my ear and I had to have it.
Read all the reviews and have to say they are spot on .I find Hopes voice haunting and at the same time very
soothing.
Buy this album , you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars inteligent, soft relaxation with a touch of weird, 16 Feb 2001
This review is from: Among My Swan (Audio CD)
the music - a captivating and relaxing blend of weird and interesting
the voice - an elegant and enchanting whisper
the album - an interesting, reassuring and stunning collaboration of the two.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring Depressive Drone Musick, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Among My Swan (Audio CD)
This album is majorily boring. Every track sounds the same. The female singer sounds half dead and in a coffin. The Smiths and Joy Divison have been accused of being depressing but were inspirational however this album is like a soundtrack to a French film about suicidal lovers. I am giving an extra star for Umbilical which is pretty good and shows how good the album could have been.
It's a very boring album that drones on track after track with a singer with the soul of an android.
Not recommended.

Among My Swan
Among My Swan by Mazzy Star (Audio CD - 1996)