5.0 out of 5 stars Evokes scenes from the drama!
The music from the Pride and Prejudice 1995 tv series is good music in its own right. I really love the title theme. However, if you have watched the tv series enough times, then the music is inextricably tied to what is going on in the drama, and this serves to intensify the feelings evoked by the music.
This CD is great to own if you love the TV series, as...
Published on 2 Nov 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but read the small print
Published on 16 Dec 2009 by Carrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Evokes scenes from the drama!, 2 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
This CD is great to own if you love the TV series, as listening to the CD almost makes you feel like you are watching it again!
It is a way of re-experiencing the emotions of the drama.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but read the small print, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
The music is just like in the drama but without the talking obviously. The only music that I felt was missing was the music that Elizabeth and Mr Darcy first danced to at Netherfield Ball and music like the barley mow. I realize that (and what I mean by not reading the small print) what I was expecting was ALL the music from the drama, and I thought that as Carl Davis and his orchestra played those pieces in the drama I listed earlier they would be in it, so I was disappointed. So apart from the missing pieces, I think that it is an okay c.d.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captured the spirit of the past!!, 29 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
This is my favourite CD! A must-have for all who are obsessed with the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. The music just suits the film perfectly and the special tone of the pianoforte adds much to the beauty of the sound. I almost fancy myself in the past when I listen to it! I believe, I have to take pianoforte lessons so that I can play it myself!

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good listen, 8 Jun 2009
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
If you don't mind hearing the dance music in solo piano form only, this album will be a pleasure to listen to and take you right into the world of the BBC production of Pride And Prejudice.

All the major pieces are here, from the spirited opening title music, to Mr Collins' and Lady Catherine's theme.
My favorites are the cues taken from the Pemberley scenes and the final proposal and marriage. I have shed a tear whilst listen to this CD, it's that good.

The music is played really well by a small ensemble. Inside the booklet, we discover interesting information about the instruments that were used and the performers themselves. We also discover what inspired Carl Davis when writing the music.

All in all, a really good package. And it can be listened to easily in one sitting as it clocks in at a concise 55 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soundtrack, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
Purchased this soundtrack after purchasing the dvd box set of the series. So glad I did. Very nice tunes that send me back to watching the dvd straight away. Some are quieter and serene others are lively and jolly. I can listen to it again and again. The music fitted the program very well I thought

3.0 out of 5 stars music, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
spot on for most members of the family; as they like the programme that it is connected to. popular too

3.0 out of 5 stars Very memorable, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I enjoyed the musical reminder of te bbc series and would recommend it to all those who get pleasure from the same

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice music, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
It is what it is really. No surprises. Nice to listen to the music if you've seen Pride and Prejudice as many times as I have. It's nice that the pieces of the music reminds you of certain scenes. Good background music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pride and Prejudice, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
As it is a while since this series was on BBC, we have forgotten many of the lovely short pieces of music. I really do enjoy listening to this CD as it brings a period feel alive,not to mention a temptation to bang their heads together.

5.0 out of 5 stars uplifting, 3 Mar 2013
L. Robertson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pride and Prejudice: Original Soundtrack (Audio CD)
What a lovely soundtrack! Each track helps you remember scenes from the film which is a personal favourite of mine. I've listened to it so many times already and can tell I will listen to it many more times to come.