Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 September 2008
I do not believe for one minute that this is the only live recording of the group. so why is this not a double with more concert time and nicely packaged, Its going to happen one day and I bet when it does hardly anybody will be interested. dont let me put you off though. this is a good live representation and rock they did.. the Yardbirds song is slightly over blown and read between the lines and its obvious why Joe decided to leave ( he didnt want to wring the guitar neck every gig) a good album historic.
on 12 June 2012
There are a few records that I listened to on cassette tape as a kid and never got around to get on cd. This is one of them. Over the years I have collected them one by one and this is a gem I am glad I finally got my hands on. Joe Walsch's singing and playing on this record has formed how I think classic rock should sound. It is maybe not a first class quality issue and certainly does not come in a premium package, which is why I don't rate it as a five. But that really does not matter much to me. I'm thrilled to have it at last.
on 8 December 2002
James Gang - Live in Concert was THE definitive statement by this Cleveland Ohio band. Recorded well before the years of the Eagles and solo albums took the edge off Joe Walsh's lead guitar and voice, this CD ranks with the best of the 70's live hard rock concert recordings. The high point for me is the Yardbirds cover song "Lost Woman". Now if only there were some bonus cuts and a remaster, it would be perfect. Still, as it stands it ranks with the original issue of the Who Live at Leeds for one of the best in bringing a rock concert's excitement to disc. 4 and 1/2 stars.
on 12 May 2011
After over 25 years of listening to this record it is still one of my favourite live albums. The trio of Walsh, Peters and Fox are at their bombastic best on the lengthy "Lost Woman" and yet also extremely sensitive on the ballad, "Ashes, the Rain and I". I wish Joe Walsh chose to rock out more often these days with plenty of the uninhibited, blazing guitar solos that feature so strongly on this terrific LP. Alas, no CD extras, just 43 minutes and 7 tracks of unleashed sonic joy from 1971.
on 7 June 2013
This album was what first got me into playing the electric guitar. I used to have the vinyl album, and wondered one day if it was still available. No chance finding it on the UK High St, so Amazon came up trumps. It was a terrific bargain price, and arrived well before the due date. Item came from USA in good time. Anyone wanting to hear Joe Walsh playing before he went solo and in the Eagles - this is the one for you.
on 8 December 2002
on 14 February 2013
A great live rock album from Joe Walsh and the James Gang, well recorded; excellent value, good as new, used CD
on 13 October 2014
Great album, fast delivery and great value.
on 12 October 2015