4.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Look
Published on 11 Mar 2005 by deadteddy

3.0 out of 5 stars frogman henry
teenage memories playing up this is not as good as I recalled but some of its ok no complaints really
Published 6 months ago by David N. Vaughan

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth A Look, 11 Mar 2005
deadteddy (Bridgend) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I originally bought this album for the song "Aint got no home" which is featured on the lost boys film but not on the soundtrack. I honestly thought it'd be the only song on the album I liked seeing as I'm not a big fan of this style. How wrong I was. It wasn't long before this was in my CD player more often than not and I fell in love with the whole album. I'm not suggesting that will be the same for everyone but the chances are if you're looking at this now that something led you here and I think you should take the chance and buy this album. Ribbit!

5.0 out of 5 stars But I Do!, 2 Jan 2009
Andrew Rossiter (Halesowen, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ain't Got No Home: The Best of Clarence "Frogman" Henry (Audio CD)
Having had this album for Christmas it was every bit as good as I hoped. Although not a completely definitive "Frogman" album it does contain his two most well known songs: The bizarre yet brilliant "Ain't got no home" and a superb song that features on the Forrest Gump soundtrack "But I Do". The only other song I know well which isn't featured here is "Sea Cruise" and although a great song is no major loss.

For those who may have heard Ain't got no home and been put off by the singing like a girl and a frog ... this is the only track on the album that features him singing this way, the occasion slip into a deeper tone sounds similar to his frog voice but all the rest of the songs feature him singing in a style very similar to Fats Domino (Henry's inspiration)

This album is well worth the money though people may want to have a brief listen to some of the songs to make sure its to their taste. A great album of the work of a little known quality singer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD., 19 Nov 2013
My wife has been looking for this CD for a long time. She's very pleased with it and happily sings along to it while working in the kitchen. CD arrived as if new, well packed, and within timeframe. No issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 21 Oct 2013
Fantastic. Takes me back to my youth. Still don't understand why the Frogman was never as popular as Fats Domino.

3.0 out of 5 stars frogman henry, 21 Sep 2013
David N. Vaughan (leamington spa) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The 5 year gap, 15 Sep 2013
Between Ain't Got No Home and But I Do was a barren 5 years until 1961 and a coup;e hit hit singles both in the States and this country.He met the Beatles in 1964 and appeared on a photo with them.
In the 70s he cut his 2nd album with Chas and Dave for the Silvertone label which has yet to be on CD then signed to the Crazy Cajun label.Later came a live album recorded in New Orleans.
His uncanny resemblance voice wise to Fats Domino is why he remains popular

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarence (Frogman) Henry, 13 April 2013
really love this chap. he is different and good. HE HAS GREAT STYLE, I am an 83 year old geezer, but young inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this, 21 Mar 2013
much better than expected brilliant you will not be disappointed and you will look for more recordings from this artist

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite, 5 Feb 2013
A. Herkes "H" (Milton Keynes UK) - See all my reviews
He sings my favourite track on this hence i bought it.

Not sure that my recommendation will be exactly unbiased but Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars frogman henry, 30 Sep 2011
Elaine Wakefield (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fabulous CD, bought for a friend but I did listen to it. Really really good. fantastic service from Amazon as always.

ARRAY(0xb6a08588)

Ain't Got No Home: The Best of Clarence "Frogman" Henry
Ain't Got No Home: The Best of Clarence "Frogman" Henry by Clarence 'frogman' Henry (Audio CD - 2000)