‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good For You, 31 May 2010
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
I doubt i'll be saying anything that hasn't already been said, but this product is basically the audio track of the film Evita. Anyone who's seen it will know it's one of those hardcore musicals where there's rarely a spoken line, so if you're a fan of the score this is perfect. I bought it so I didn't have to keep flicking through the dvd every time I wanted to listen to a song and consequently I now spend a ridiculous amount of time listening to 'Another Suitcase in Another Hall', 'Goodnight and Thank You' and 'Santa Evita', to name a few of my favourites. Madonna's vocals work perfectly and when removed from the visual absurdity of her beginning the film as a 15 year old, sound even better. Definitely a great purchase if you enjoy the songs of Evita as much as I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars the whole thing, 10 Feb 2009
I was disappointed when I bought the original soundtrack album because so much was missing. I was going to record the dvd sound to my mp3 player - now I don't have to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 May 2012
Daniel C. Borges (Vitoria da Conquista-BA, Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
Madonna sounds brilliant on this recording, and acted and looked awesome in the film! A must have for any Madonna fan or cinema lover!

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
madonna at her best. great voice the story of eva peron.music by andrew lloyed webber,well known songs what a circus or what a show,don't cry for me argentina great tunes at a great price i never did like madonna but after hearing her sing in this got to like her on a par with the original i liked this cd so much and got visions in my head i bought the film great to sing to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evita Sound Track CD, 8 Oct 2009
P. Martin (East Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
These CD's are a great complement to the DVD of the film in as much as they can be played on the move and I would recommend taking up the offer of buying both the DVD and the CDs together. The same comments which are made about the DVD also apply to the CD - Madonna is superb as Evita, Antonio Banderas is a great foil for Madonna, and a particular mention must be made of Jimmy Nail who portrays the smooth - almost smarmy - dance band singer so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 13 Mar 2012
Mr. S. K. Moyser "moyserman" (west yorskshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
excellent, wanted this for years and remembered when surfing around, many thanks indeed, great listen was enjoyed by all. Worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a little touch of star quality, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
I first got the Evita CD with only a handful of songs, so when I got this one, I was much more satisfied. It covers all of the songs that I love, including Rainbow Tour, The Lady's Got Potential, and Hello and Goodbye, which was missing from the other CD. Madonna certainly claims this role for herself, and Antonio Banderas makes a fantastic, sarcastic Che. Jonathan Pryce is great as Peron, and Jimmy Nail is great as the smooth talking tango singer. All in all, fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't be better, 31 July 2009
M. Venner (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
This sound track is wonderful - really conjours up the spirit of the film / musical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely top "star quality", 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
This is the ultimate soundtrack, bursting with incredible tunes, lyrics and non stop rhythms to sing along to. Tim Rice is one hell of a lyricist, and every single track is fantastic, from the gentle Latin chant in between "O What A Circus" and in "Santa Evita" to the soaring notes of "Buenos Aires", "Goodnight And Thank You", and many more. For such breath-taking and captivating music, I think I would have to honestly rate the entire album, and, of course, the film, even higher than five stars; the name of "Evita" is just enormous, as is Madonna's, and she sings the part perfectly, and both Jonathan Pryce and Antonio Banderas are amazing. Jimmy Nail's tracks of "On This Night Of A Thousand Stars" and "Eva Beware Of The City" are brilliant, and how can you forget the tune of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"? There are so many tracks, it is virtually impossible for me to name favourites, because they are all so good! I am positively thrilled to finally own this two disc Original Soundtrack, it is just splendid! I am a huge fan of "Evita", I own the film and have seen the play, and am very happy with this purchase. It arrived really quickly, as ordered, and in tiptop condition, and comes with a little booklet that contains a good number of black and white pictures of Eva Peron and others. For people who may not listen to Madonna's own music, this is a great way to listen to her singing big stage numbers, something she certainly wasn't used to at the time that she took the role of "Evita". As she herself has said, "I am prouder of Evita than anything else I have done". With this album, I am pleased to say that she is a firm favourite of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] (Audio CD)
Everything is perfect about this soundtrack! Madonna is doing her best and do not disappoint! This masterpiece is a must have for any fan!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK]
Evita: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK] by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber (Audio CD - 1996)