Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 September 2000
Having had "This Fire" since Christmas I have, naturally, been desperate to get hold of a copy of "Harbinger". "This Fire" will always be a classic "angst" record and I was afraid that "Harbinger" would be a dissapointment. Well, if anything, it is nothing short of brilliant, not the "uncomfortable" first record that I expected! It ranges from the melancholy ("I am so ordinary", "Oh John") to the tuneful ("Saturn Girl", "Bethlehem") to the strange ("Black boots", "Chiaroscuro") and yet the sentiment stays the same. This is a record of diverse sounds that all have one meaning, and we are taken on a rollercoaster through every emotion possible just to discover what that meaning is. A collection of songs so in-touch with human emotion that even the hardest hearts will be touched, moved and possibly dissloved by Paula's distinctive vocals, heart-wrenching lyrics and beautiful melodies. To hear this record is to be reborn into music! Listen and be in constant awe!
on 13 September 2001
After listening to a single of 'I don't want to wait', which also includes Bethlehem, I was fixed and wanted to hear more of this brilliant music. After listening to 'Amen' and 'This Fire' I was slightly disappointed that these albums did not quite live up to the expectation of the high-powered single. However HARBINGER is a real gem and has been at the top of my CD pile for over a month now. Every track is a winner!!
on 27 February 2007
This CD and her second 'This fire' are as good as Pop/Rock music can get. Lyrics, melody, arrangement - they all deserve a respect from all music lovers.

Her vocal skills are, I believe, the best in the world (mind you, I listen to Sarah McLachlan, Natalie Merchant, October Project and Loreena McKennitt). Just listen to "Nietzsche's Eyes" or 'Hush Hush Hush' (from 'This Fire'), or "Bethlehem" or "Chiaroscuro" (from 'Harbinger'). You will be amazed by the emotions she can deliver with her voice.

A real shame is few people know these CDs exist...