Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 7 April 2009
I bought this a few weeks ago, after rediscovering the wonderful James Ingram on You Tube! This took me back immediately to when I used to listen to these wonderful tracks on record.......and now I have them on CD I am so glad. Every track is a winner, and his voice is just as I remember - gorgeous!
on 7 August 2007
this is possibly one of the greatest hits compilation albums ever, stunning soul ballads like-Theres no easy way.
Just Once and I dont have the heart, are worth the price alone. But theres much more the outstanding ballads
with patti austin and so on,one glaring omission from this compilation the absolutely brilliant-Wings of my
Heart, that stands alongside Theres no easy Way as being the best two tracks he as ever made.
on 15 November 2005
James Ingram has a smooth soulful voice, after years of hearing his music i still enjoy listening to the slower tracks, this is how soul music should sound.
on 19 May 2008
I had this CD in my collection for a long time but misplaced it. I just had to get it back because the album has a collection of one of the greatest love songs
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 April 2007
James Ingram first rose to prominence back in 1981 when he sang lead vocals on Quincy Jones's Grammy Nominated ballad 'Just Once' from Jones' album 'The Dude'. The song was not a single in the U.K but made the U.S top twenty in both the pop and R&B charts. From that moment on, though he recorded a fair amount of uptempo dancefloor material throughout his career, James Ingram became known as the man with the big, emotive voice, the man for the 'big ballad'. A lot of film soundtrack work soon came James's way and this album collates a number of those songs in amongst various solo album tracks. 'How Do You Keep The Music Playing' (from 'Best Friends' and 'Baby, Come To Me' (from 'General Hospital') are two such duet's and feature another QJ regular vocalist Patti Austin. Also particularly good are 'One Hundred Ways' (again from 'The Dude') opener 'Where Did My Heart Go?' and closer 'Whatever We Imagine'. The only uptempo song here is another duet 'Yah Mo Be There' (this time with Michael McDonald) which was a big U.K hit in 1983 and has a religious lyric, otherwise it's ballads all the way. Summing up then, don't expect anything ground breaking or experiamental here but If you like, slick, perfectly produced, commercial soul you really can't go wrong with this.
on 2 June 2009
This piece of music from one of my favourite artists which I have always enjoyed listening to,especially when I want to unwind after a tough week, this is what I go for;so all you music lovers,The Greatest Hits: The Power of Great Musicdo try this one out, you won't regret it. have fun.
on 27 March 2011
THIS CD WAS JUST HOW I REMEMBERED IT, FANTASTIC,MANY A LATE NIGHT MEMORIES CAME FLOODING BACK HA HA.. INGRAMS VOICE IS THE BUSINESS.
on 1 July 2014
Wow, wow, wow!!! I used to own it but it got lost - one listen and I realised how much I'd missed the clean and pure voice of James Ingram - so many wonderful hits on one album!!
on 31 March 2013
I only bought this cd to get hold of one song "there's just no easy way" and had forgotten many of his other great songs! He has the most wonderful singing voice and listening to this cd is a great way to spend an hour.
on 30 May 2013
Still one of the best soul collections, why aren't all the tracks on this tape cassette available on CD? I had to faff about transcribing it to CD myself ... but worth it.