Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 November 2011
I bought this CD through Amazon for 1p; I love snapp1ng up big names as cheaply as possible. Eric Clapton is as good as white blues men get, even when he's not playing the blues as such.
on 13 March 2007
A pleasant album to listen to. Nothing pretentious except 'Hound Dog' which seems more of a karaoke track than a Clapton classic. Barring that, a really nice song, Anything For Your Love which is one of my favourite Clapton tunes. Fair in the sense is an apt description of this album
on 1 February 2009
Have followed this mans' career since John Mayalls Blues Breakers, way back when. This album was purchased to replace worn out cassette tapes.
I am still a fan.
on 20 July 2015
one of my favourite EC albums,theres not a bad track on this album released at the time of his 24 nights at the Albert Hall I believe this is Eric at his best buy it.
on 29 April 2016
I Keep forgetting to write reviews I do apologise,I bought this for my Brother and he Loved it delivered very quickly.Thank You 😀
on 3 October 2014
better quality sound on this cd than the original release cd imho good music as well,good buy for ec fans .

on 23 July 2009
Writing a subjective review on anything is almost impossible. Writing a review on an album that i first heard aged 6 by the man who was at the time the reason i picked up a guitar, is made even more difficult.

Nostalgia demands that i give Journeyman 5 stars for the impact that it had on my life. Songs such as Bad Love and Running On Faith have stayed with me through years when i didn't even possess a copy of this album and remain, for me, huge triumphs in the canon of Eric Clapton.

However, if i had just heard this album for the first time i know that i wouldn't find it a good album. Much of the production is dated to say the least. The album is generally without a real direction, veering between styles that i find to be incompatible with each other. All in all i find it to be lacking the focus of previous album August, which epitomises the Eric Clapton of the 1980s.

For a huge slice of childhood nostalgia i would give this album 5 stars, listening (hopefully) as an adult with i keen ear i would give it 3.
on 22 February 2016
Another slice of God's commercial era. Some great tracks though and a superb band.
on 26 August 2015
Makes a nice change from listening to his more popular hits
on 30 June 2012
Assisted on some songs by Phil Collins, Robert Cray, George Harrison and Jim Keltner, Eric sings the blues with, to my mind, the best being Bad Love.
With a wealth of releases over 45 years fans will maybe want to try before they buy.