5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
This is the best album of Depeche Mode. Right after Violator. I love it !!! I recommend it to everyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars If only The Masses would listen to it..., 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
This is one of the finest albums by DM, it features tracks such as 'Strangelove' and 'Never Let Me Down Again', definately worth listening to if you're not familiar already.
DM are a must for self-respecting electronic music fans and this is a beautiful album to listen to. Described ny the group at the time as 'Electronic metal', I find some tracks retain much of the industrial qualities of earlier albums while others are softer and give the album a good balance.
This is Depeche Mode at their finest. Marvellous album artwork too!
This is the cheapest Ive seen this thing on sale, and I'm In Ireland, came to no more than 5 INCLUDING shipping, took a good fortnight to arrive though but whatever, it's worth the wait at that price, trust me!
BUY IT, BUY IT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS HOW THE mid80s SOUNDED - AND THEY SOUNDED GREAT!!!, 30 Oct 2007
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
MTV had been already established as mainstream, the BOSS was getting soft in the Tunnel of Love, BON JOVI were more about the hair than ever - and the British invented Alternative music. Two such post-punk groups, THE CURE and DEPECHE MODE, better than most others, were able to grasp the decade's vibrations and broadcast them back as UNBELIEVABLE MUSIC. Whereas the CURE were mostly edges, the DEPECHE MODE were mostly technopoetry.

This was the first album I ever bought as a CD - and I remember bringing it home to my new JVC HiFi, anxious to listen to the "crisp, digital sound" (little did I know that, only some years later, we would come to miss the fullness and richness of the old vinyl records). I was right to be anxious though: this was ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS - EVER!

MUSIC FOR THE MASSES is one of those rare albums that can be listened to from start to finish. No filler material here. The voices are atavisticly haunting; the keys persistently penetrating; and the lyrics stay with you for ever.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good album, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
I listened to the album several times within the first few days,
and it's one of those that you never tire of hearing.
I like the whole album which is unusual for me ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for 'Behind the wheel', 8 May 2014
This review is from: Music for the Masses (Audio CD)
Went to see the Mode at the LG arena back in Jan.
Behind the wheel rocked the place!
Bought this album soon after.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
I am gradually updating my whole mode collection through Amazon,these have a great crisp sound & well produced,Would highly recommend to all mode lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars a great record, 11 Aug 2013
I really love this album, I loved the melodies, it has a dark, atmospheric feel to this record, The most creepy track is the pimpf the final track of the album, it has a dark haunting sound, very gothic tone, I really like this lp.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
I'm so happy that I have decided to buy this CD. Great songs. I would like to recommend to all DM fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Remaster Album., 25 May 2013
Jose Giron "Jose" (KY, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
I normally don't get Remaster version of any album because for me I thinks that the original sound better. But this remaster is one of the few that I love it. I have the original USA version for the last 20 years and have the extra tracks and let me tell you that I have played more this album now that I did for the last 20 years.

The art work is beautiful and have some note from Daniel miller talking about the Album. Also, is released with the original 10 tracks like the LP version had which I my opinion make the listing experience better that the USA CD version with those unnecessary extra songs and remixes. I already update all my Depeche Mode cd's with these single CD remasters versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars mode it!, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Music For The Masses (Audio CD)
Love DM always have but this album does not disappoint at all. nice to see these guys are still around and giving the newbys something great to listen to other than main stream.

Music for the Masses
Music for the Masses by Depeche Mode (Audio CD - 1990)