Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 June 2005
...because this is a superb collection of songs, absolutely perfectly complementing each other and absolutely classic. The cd finishes with the haunting and chillingly ambient raw instrumental overlying the last sections of the movie. Beautifuly created but not one for listening to with the lights off. A fantastic score for a fantastic movie.
on 29 January 2012
I was a bit reluctant to order this at first as many of these type of "soundtrack" disks seem to dissapoint, this one however was a nice change. the first track made me smile as the Sgt shouted out his orders. well worth adding to your collection.
on 22 July 2012
I only bought this for tracks 9 to 15. "11 ruins - Abigail Mead" is amazing. If you can forgive the missing tracks, and like the film buy this cd.
on 4 June 2001
The first song which is a funky spiced up version of an american army chant is superb, and it's worth buying it just for that. There are some other songs which sparkle too, but after them the going gets pretty dim
on 16 July 2011
The first 8 songs are brilliant after that it is only "film music", but it was a bargain anywhere. No Problems
on 2 April 2013
great soundtrack to the film always wanted the soundtrack to the film plus it was in very good condition GREAT
on 17 March 2013
Watched this dvd time and time again. It gives a very honest portrayal of the Vietnam War. Well worth buying
Stanley Kubrick: Director of the film Full Metal Jacket gives his actors another chance to shine in the film. Very real, is how I estimated it when I recently watched it again. After watching the film, I looked up what I consider to be the main track from it. Also entitled Full Metal Jacket; I found out about the soundtrack, which is 15 tracks long on this album. On the Liner Notes, you see that Abigail Mead composed, performed and programmed the music. Tracks 9-15 look to be instrumentals, but I won't know for certain until I stick the album on. (I've just got it!) FMJ is the first and title track on this album, plus, you get Chapel Of Love - Dixiecups; Woolly Bully - Sam The Sham...; These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra; and a few other songs that I may or may not know! It'll be an exciting listen. I wonder if the strength of the film will show again in the music? I'm off to find out...
on 20 March 2016
Brought back memories of seeing this onscreen