Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£14.27+ £1.26 shipping

on 13 January 2015
This review is for the 2015 vinyl reissue.

It goes without saying that the songs on the album are superb and I confess that it is one of my all-time favourite albums, very definitely a 5 star rated album. The new vinyl reissue comes with a gatefold cover, as was the original, and it is in mono - not sure if it was ever originally released in stereo, my other copy is mono as well. The vinyl sounds great, very clean sounding no 'pops' or 'crackles' and my copy is dead flat, as opposed to quite a number of warped and slightly warped vinyl releases I have received recently. If you're undecided about buying the vinyl I'm sure that you won't regret it, I've been waiting for this reissue for some time and I'm delighted with the presentation and quality.
The Village Green Preservation Society was released to complete indifference in the Sixties - it was untrendy, out of touch and out of vogue. Yet we now know better!

Time has been the judge of this album and the record buying public has re-discovered this album and found it to be a genuine classic.

The album is quintessentially English, yearning for a time when life was slower and life was more simple. It is a beautiful collection of songs with great lyrics, sweet sentiments and gorgeous melodies.

The expanded version is a treat to behold and gives the album the full treatment it deserves.
on 8 July 2015
It seems strange that in the pantheon of great British groups of the 60's that The Beatles,The Rolling Stones and The Who are considered great singles and albums bands yet The Kinks are generally considered just a great singles band.Well lets put things right for The Kinks made some great albums during this era notably Face To Face,Arthur and Something Else but this is without doubt their masterwork.A nostalgic album harking back to an England of Village Greens,Warm Beer,Cricket on the lawn and Sunday service this is Ray Davies at his very best on tracks like The Last of the Steam-Powered Trains,Picture Book,Do You Remember Walter and the title track to name but four.A big influence on the Brit Pop phenomena in the 90's this classic is only getting its dues over the past two decades.
on 2 May 2015
This wonderful album didn't sell so well when it was first released, but started to get a bit of a cult following in the mid-90s, during the Britpop era. It's one of my favourite albums of all times and I own about three different versions of it. Definitely one of my Desert Island Discs!
on 25 November 2015
Another great kinks LP I enjoyed this album a lot, I love the tracks it is one of the kinks definitive albums at the height of their career I am a keen kink fan, and some of the tracks in this LP a bit quaint, but they're melodic and the album is one of the band's creative moment.
on 23 June 2015
Classic Kinks
on 23 June 2015
Brilliant album by THE best band EVER.
on 22 January 2016