4.0 out of 5 stars Good retrospective (but you can't please everyone).
Published on 26 July 2006 by Barry Lees

1.0 out of 5 stars not for PCs
This CD will not play on my PC it was not sealed so I do not know if it is new, it must be copy protected but I can not find anything to say if it is or not so if like me you want to play it on your PC do not buy, it plays on my HIFI but content not as good as I thought it would be so no great loss
Published 10 months ago by asaber

4.0 out of 5 stars Good retrospective (but you can't please everyone)., 26 July 2006
Barry Lees (Greenock, Strathclyde Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes (Audio CD)
This collection of Yes tracks does a good job of sampling the flavour of most of their studio albums (well, the early ones anyway) in chronological order. It is, however, likely that fans of the middle period recordings will wonder what happened to the likes of "Tormato", "Drama", "Big Generator" and "Union". From the earlier period, only "Close To The Edge" and "Topographic Oceans" are conspicuous by their absence. However, given the length of their tracks (certainly on the latter), this is unsurprising. Possibly the main omission is "Siberian Khatru", but this shows up on just about every Yes compilation made - and there are plenty!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album, but copy protected and won't rip in iTunes, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes (Audio CD)
I bought this on a bit of a nostalgia trip after seeing part of a recent-ish Yes concert on Sky Arts channel. Yes were at their height when I was at school in the 70's, and I confess that I didn't really care for them that much. However, their hit "Going for the one" was played a lot in the 6th form common room, and I bought it on 12" single at the time, my one-and-only yes vinyl record. Over the years I've replaced most of my vinyl records with CD's and Yes had never figured in that until now.

I'm pleasantly surprised to say that I like the entire album. Whether it's representative of their works I can't really say, but it has all the tracks I knew (basically a couple of singles) and the rest is to my ears pretty darned good.

The only downside is that I like to rip all my CD's in iTunes, and this one is copy-protected in some way and just comes out as a nasty crackle. Fortunately the Amazon auto-rip is available, otherwise it would have been going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic rock, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes (Audio CD)
Superb album. Took me back many years. Say Yes to Yes and just enjoy some absolutely timeless music and the superb voice of Jon Anderson.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for PCs, 17 Feb 2014

Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes
Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes by Yes (Audio CD - 2008)