4.0 out of 5 stars Lean In To It - A classic of it's time
Published on 12 Mar. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Mr not quite so Big
This is my first experience of Mr Big after 40 years rocking. Somehow they passed me by but as soon as I heard the opening tracks Daddy, Brother, Lover, Litle Boy and Alive and Kickin' I started kicking myself as it roars into life like an express train. But then mysteriously we lose the plot with some distinctly AOR offering suited to trendy suit types who claim to like...
Published on 10 Mar. 2004 by r2uzenblot

4.0 out of 5 stars Lean In To It - A classic of it's time, 12 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
Mr Big's album, 'Lean in to it', is surely a classic of it's time. Maybe out of date these days, it shows the very best of musicianship from the era. Green tinted sixties mind is an evocative and warming tune, and certainly one for the budding guitarist. My kind of woman is one of the most dramatic songs you will ever hear. Not a ballad per se, but certainly something to get that lust for Bette Davies going.Fast paced guitar based tunes fill the album to provide an uplifting listen for any 80's style rock fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lean & Mean, 12 April 2011
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
The Bigsters have reformed, released a stormer in 'Undertow', and all is right with the world. I doubt very much that they will ever top this, however.

There is not a duff track on this album. From the opening attack of 'Daddy' to the campfire charm of 'To Be With You', this ticks all the boxes. 'Alive and Kicking' and 'Road to Ruin' are good time mid-pacers, 'Just Got Lucky' feeds off of a monster riff, and 'Little too Loose' oozes of the South. But my personal fave is 'Green Tinted Sixties Mind', a radio-friendly homage to psychedelia that leaves you smiling.

Excellent songwriting is supported by musicianship of the first order. Gilbert and Sheehan are masters of their respective crafts, and Torpey supplies precise yet brutal percussion. Eric Martin rounds it off with a voice that complements the music and sound perfectly.

Buy this album if you like attention to detail in both writing and playing. And don't forget that it's just so damn catchy!

5.0 out of 5 stars great hard rock, 12 Oct. 2000
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
excellent work, groovy, bluesy hard rock of the great kind. eric martin is very impressive on the vocals. contains great grooves. opens with a kick ass riff in daddy, brother, lover little boy. it's not easy too choose a favourite song as there are several great ones; my kinda woman, never say never and the opening track are worth mentioning. also contains the hit ballad to be with you -a song that contains great harmony vocal arrangement. absoloutly a must have for hard rock fans. EXCELLENT!

5.0 out of 5 stars All Killer - No Filler, 3 Aug. 2011
Jamie Donnelly (Middlesbrough, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
Mr. Big are one of the very few supergroups that ever managed to pull it off successfully, and with "Lean Into It", it is very much all killer, no filler. The Debut album, although great in every respect, did have filler, and most of the filler was over the top shred virtuosity. Granted, it's great to hear the players do it, but "Lean Into It" has the songs, the melodies and the virtuosity all shoved into one package.

Brilliant record.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just thought they were a girly band from the seventies., 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
But O boy was I in for a shock. I consider myself to be born to rock. This album is the best recording of rock music that I've ever heard. I brought a copy of the video that was great, but now I want a copy on D.V D but can't find it no place. As far as being a fan means, then I'm the biggest. Got too see them a couple of years ago and got to meet the band. I just went to jelly because I never thought I would ever get the chance now that I'm stuck in a wheelchair, but I did. I must say that Paul was a little pissed off well the venue stank of spilled beer and sprayed piss, I think that anyone would have a bit of a mood if their place of work smelt like that. The others were great and still put on a tremendous show. By the way the young lady on the mixing desk deserves a medal, she did a smashing job. The sound desk can make or break a gig, in this case she made it.

Come and tour the U.K again soon maybe. Come on Pat we didn't get chance to finish what we were talking about. What was it now. I can't remember

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album but...., 3 May 2013
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
Bought this album on the strength of Mr. Big's self-titled debut. While "Lean Into It" was far more successful than its predecessor that success came at the cost of being far more commercial.Overall it is a good record but if you want to hear Mr. Big at their best then buy their debut album.
Mr. Big

5.0 out of 5 stars Good rock album, 1 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
A saw Guns n Roses at Wembley in 1991 and they had this album blaring out over the speakers before the concert started. As a rock fan I was impressed by what I heard and bought the album the following week. Its very good with some top riffs, vocals and guitar work. I caught Mr Big supporting Aerosmith a few years later and they were still rocking. This is their best album and worth a listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Br BiG, 24 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
If you like MR BIG you will enjoy this. My sons love guitars and bass - we have the best guitarist and bassist on this band. So yes brilliant for what it is. We attended their concert in September and very organic and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
i had this on an old casstte tape and transfred to cd but sound wasn't great so decide to get the actual cd and love it always loved listening to these guys when i was younger and now play every day in car while out working

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great rock album., 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Lean Into It (Audio CD)
I originally had this on tape, but I recentlr decided to upgrade to CD. My favourite track is 'Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy'. It's the opening track on the album and well worth a listen.

Lean Into It
Lean Into It by Mr. Big (Audio CD - 1992)