5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Worry About A thing, 20 July 2008
Mr. J. Russel (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Mose Allison (Audio CD)
An excellent compilation that will surely serve you right! Mr. Allison's verse/music from back when and forward is just as relevant today. Tracks, bar 6,8 10, 12/13 & 15 were penned by Mr Allison but all of this album is a seamless, consummate nugget. 'I Don't Worry About A Thing' taught me not to overly worry about the future beyond my control, and actually changed my life. If you appreciate drum brushwork as I do then you're made.

p.s. I recently heard that Mose is still touring (80+ years). I have to be there.

5.0 out of 5 stars mose helps you deal with doughnuts, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Mose Allison Best of (Audio CD)
Listen to Everybody Crying Mercy and then play Georgie Fame's version . Who's the daddy ? Mose Allison also influenced Van Morrison and a host of others . World weary vocals and urgent bop piano make an unusual and exciting combination . This is an intelligent compilation and probably contains everything you will ever need from this unique artist . He also provides good advice . Throughout my adult life I have had to listen to doughnuts at both work and play . They will tell you that National Service should be brought back or that cannabis is bound to lead to heroin or that the country has gone too far down the road to socialism . Mose taught me to say little but mentally sing that the doughnut's mind is on vacation but his mouth is working overtime . This has saved me a lot of grief over the years .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Mose Allison Best of (Audio CD)
Great c.d

The Best Of Mose Allison
The Best Of Mose Allison by Mose Allison (Audio CD - 1999)