Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£13.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 15 May 2002
The style of music on this album may appear to be a little dated at first, but the fact is that in many ways it is timeless, by being quite simply, brilliant!
Collin's voice is magnificent; like cut glass. At times chillingly beautiful, her voice has a mystery unparalleled amongst her peers in my opinion, including the likes of Joni Mitchell.
'Someday Soon' is a rather jolly, upbeat start to the album, followed by the self-penned 'Since You Asked', which is nothing less than a masterpiece of inspired melody and poetic lyrics of the highest quality, which go with folk-pop music at its very best.
'Both Sides Now', aimed at a pop audience, is a good cover of the Joni Mitchell song and Leonard Cohen's 'Suzanne' is done superbly. 'Farewell to Tarwathie' is a Scottish folk song, and sung so beautifully it moves a grown man (me) each time he hears it. There is also an excellent version of The Beatles 'In My Life', and the uplifting hit 'Amazing Grace', plus more besides.
Well worth buying.
on 24 December 2007
Judy Collins was one of the first to cover both the Beatles and Dylan in the 60s when she was on the Elektra label.Since then she's made entire albums of the songs of both.
Her hits in England were Send in the clowns and Amazing Grace.
Like Jennifer Warnes and Joan Baez she's an interpreter and thank God.We have enough singer songwriters.
It goes without saying she has a stunning voice and has drawn attention to songs which would have gone unnoticed otherwise.
Her version of In my life has a baroque arrangement and is so far not on any general collections of Beatles covers nor is it on her current Beatles collection.
This is an uplifting listening experience as Collins' crystalline voice takes centre stage on this collection of well chosen songs by herself (Since You asked, My Father, and Albatross), Joni Mitchell (Both Sides Now), Leonard Cohen (Suzanne), Sandy Denny (Who Knows Where the Time Goes) and others.

Farewell To Tarwathie is replete with the sounds of the ocean, and her 1971 novelty a cappella hit Amazing Grace is included. My favorites include Someday Soon, Both Sides Now, Suzanne and her sensitive interpretation of Who Knows Where the Time Goes.

on 28 January 2014
I have always loved this album. My vinyl is scratched and am so delighted to be able to replace the vinyl.

it is a wonderful recording and I will enjoy playing it so much
on 30 June 2015
I am biased. I like this because I used to hear it on my turntable many years ago. Judy Collins sings fantastic, and I still enjoy hearing her interpretations of Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen. I am a big fan of both of the latter, and Judy Collins interprestes them well.
on 15 November 2013
Loved this album for many years. This CD is to replace my old record . It should have arrived by now but unfortunately it has not--yet.
An uplifting listening experience as Collins' crystal voice takes centre stage on this collection of well chosen songs by herself (Since You asked, My Father, Albatross), Joni Mitchell (Both Sides Now), Leonard Cohen (Suzanne), Sandy Denny (Who Knows ...) and others. Farewell To Tarwathie is replete with the sounds of the ocean, and her 1971 novelty a capella hit Amazing Grace is also included. My favorites include Someday Soon, Both Sides Now, Suzanne and her sensitive interpretation of Who knows Where The Time Goes. Musical fashions may come and go but nothing beats a pure voice wrapped around poetic lyrics set to a beautiful melody. This is eternal music.
on 2 January 2016