5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic melodic pop, 15 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Presents Author Unknown (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant debut album that has a fresh, energetic feel to it. Jason Falkner is undoubtedly one of the most talented artists around at the moment, especially when you consider he writes all the songs, plays all the instruments (with the exception of the "bumblebee" guitar on Miracle Medicine) and is single-handedly responsible for all the production on this album. I Live is a catchy feel-good number which starts the album in great style, and the pace remains frenetic on Miracle Medicine, another song which would have made a great single. There are infectious sing-a-long melodies all the way through this album, on tracks like I go Astray and Follow You Follow Me, and on Before My Heart Attacks Jason reveals a more sensitive side to his songwriting. So if you appreciate melodic, feel-good pop and good musicianship, buy this album and discover one of music's best kept secrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the most inspirationl debuts of all time..OUTSTANDING, 4 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Presents Author Unknown (Audio CD)
I first heard of Jason Falkner when he was supporting Alanis Morissette on tour in July of 1999. I had seen a lot of my favourite artists and groups play live and I have to say, I was never as moved by a performance then I was when I saw Jason Falkner. And that was without falling asleep with his albums on the stereo, or walking around with him on my walkman. For the next year I talked non-stop about Jason, posting as much as I could on his guestbook, digging up all I could about him and trying to convert all my family and friends to "fellow falknerds". So you can obviously tell from my experience with the live Jason Falkner that his albums lived up to my expectations...and they did. Pure genius is all I can say. I have given up on the gimmick of record charts etc. The people who back the charts up wouldn't know real music if it smacked them in the face...hard! So maybe one day everyone will see Jason on the cover of some magazine with the caption..."where has he been all our lives" written underneath. I am so thrilled to have found him and have his music in my life. I only hope everyone else will get the chance to. I love ya Jason! p.s if you like his stuff, check out his former group "Jellyfish".

5.0 out of 5 stars All of pop life is here!, 19 Oct. 2009
Mr. M. D. Barnett (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presents Author Unknown (Audio CD)
How did my pop radar fail to detect Jason Falkner for so long?!

This is classic angsty pop for now people, it's crafted, it's edited, it's produced by the author to meet his own demanding standards. It's not a patronising self agrandising rush for the top, rather it is pensive, halting, deeply involving and above all melodic. Killer tunes and dynamics pour from the studio that is Jasons pop brain.

Purchase without delay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Pop Doesn't Come More Powerful and Poppy Than This..., 11 Sept. 2008
Og Oggilby "Og Oggilby" (North London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Presents Author Unknown (Audio CD)
Jason Falkner is undoubtedly one of the most articulate and melodically gifted of singer-songwriters. 'Author Unknown', his solo debut, died a commercial death on its release, and isn't easy to track down. This album bristles with intelligent pop songs, highly crafted stuff that you wish Paul McCartney would come up with. Big tunes, great choral hooks - what else do you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars All hail a great popster!, 21 Jan. 2011
LM BUTCHER (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presents Author Unknown (Audio CD)
Holy cow, this is some blindingly well-crafted pop! And pretty much does it all by himself. Great voice too. Almost gives the Beatles and Elvis Costello a run for their money in terms of song craft.

Presents Author Unknown
Presents Author Unknown by Jason Falkner (Audio CD - 2004)