5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe The Best Live Rock Album Ever?
I've owned a copy of this album since I was a school boy (embarassingly over 30 years ago).
There have been times in my life when I haven't played it for several years.
But no matter how long since I last heard it, as soon as the first notes ring out...
Quite simply, one of the VERY best live albums. Humble Pie, as tight and as rocking as you could ever...
Published on 6 April 2005 by Robert Levick

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but boring to listen to
Clearly lots of people adore this record, and this is why I was swayed into getting a copy. The sound is good, with excellent, punchy bass and crunchy guitars, and the reference made elsewhere to the vocal style of early AC/DC is not too wide of the mark. Unfortunately, the songs are dull and go on for ever. This is not interesting extended jams in the style of the...
Published on 18 Jan 2010 by G. Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Rockin' The Fillmore : The live album at it's best!, 20 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
Having listened to this album for some twenty plus years now, it still has the same effect. Pure rock'n'roll played by four guys at their peak. Peter Frampton's solos have not been surpassed and the amazing Steve Marriot just roars. One of the all time great live albums that improves with age!

4.0 out of 5 stars Over 35 years on.., 3 Oct 2005
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
and I still believe this is the most under rated live album
in rock history. I endorse the previously stated view that this is this is for rock fans who are feeling a little down. The turbo charged drumming of Jerry Shirley powers this along as much as the chainsaw guitars. Warning; when you spin "I don't need no doctor" make sure your parents are
not home. However, to paraphrase Lemmy, " if your parents don't mind, then you have the wrong kind of parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars If Only All Live Albums Were As Good As This!, 26 July 2012
J. M. Green "john94682" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
How does one review such a towering testament to the power of rock? A very, very good question and not easily answered - but suffice to say that of all the live albums that I own (and that's many hundreds) this is the one that I will always come back to as it really set the bar height even though it was recorded over 40 years ago!
For those not in the know, Humble Pie were one of those bands that always produced the goods live although their studio output never did quite portray just how good they really could be but, when you have a vocalist/guitarist of the quality and power of Steve Marriott, the excellent guitar/vocals of Peter Frampton underpinned by the powerhouse rythmn section of Greg Ridley and Jerry Shirley, live was always going to be where the band were at, as this album glaringly shows.
The album (originally a double vinyl album) had Four Day Creep/I'm Ready/Stone Cold Fever on side one, Walk On Gilded Splinters on side two, Rolling Stone on side three, finishing with Hallelujah I Just Love Her So and the ever fresh; Don't Need No Doctor to batter the audience into true submission - so whatever your taste in rock, be it power chords, boogie, vocals or fluid soloing all with a storyline to keep you well amused, then this will take some beating - the only thing to just remind yourself is that you will no longer be able to witness it live yourself (except in video form!) - if only time really could stand still!
But, if you are going to play it, then crank it up, and live (re-live!) a gem of a British Rock Band!!

5.0 out of 5 stars U. K. 1, U. S. A. 0!, 17 Jun 2008
S. Webb "Spider" (Weston Super Mare, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
I can`t add much to the other rave reviews, but to me this gig represents us showing the yankies how it`s done, but then again....we always do!
A WONDERFUL SLICE OF HOME COOKED PIE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live rock at it's best, 16 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
I followed the Pie on tour throughout the U.K. in the early seventies and this album captures every supercharged moment of their live performance. On their day, they were the 'greatest rock and roll band in the world'. You only need to listen to this album to realise the Stones, the Who and Zeppelin were pretenders to the throne. An all time classic. Listen and enjoy rock at it's very best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a masterpiece! The best rock live album ever made., 21 Jan 2000
Satchmo "Satchmo" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
I bought this album back in 1971 when I was 12 years old. I didn't know who Humble Pie were then, but I was fascinated with electric guitars, and the album sleeve was covered with pictures of them.

I remember having to wait two weeks before my mother would allow me to listen to it, because she was so disgusted that I has spent my birthday money on such an 'unsuitable' product! After waiting that two weeks in which I devoured mentally ,all the picture on the gatefold cover, when I finally placed the vinyl on the record deck I thought "this better be good"... My God was it!! 20 seconds into "4 Day Creep" and I was totally blown away. That 20 seconds may just have been the most informative of my life because from that moment I just wanted to play electric guitar!

Have no doubt: This is the 'heaviest', most astonishingly powerful, guitar based, live 'rock' album you will ever hear.

Yet this is not heavy-metal .This is rock music drawn heavily from a blues/gospel influence. The quality of the guitar playing is staggering as is the standard of the recording..given the technology of the day.

Where on Earth did the pubescent Peter Frampton learn to play like that!!?.There is a maturity way above his years in the delivery. The combination of Frampton and Marriot on both guitar and vocals, set a standard that has never truly been matched since. Throw in the powerhouse drums of Gerry Shirly, the thundering bass of Greg Ridley and the result is utterly breathtaking.

Forget your heavy metal.

Forget your grunge.

If you want REAL power,REAL passion,If you want a live album that defines what the live-music experience was all about back then....then BUY THIS ALBUM.

It sounds as fresh today as it did all those years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humble Pie Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
I purchased this album to replace my original copy on vinyl, to preserve it for the future as it is in superb condition. I have always loved this album as it is a recording of an excellent gig at The Fillmore East, a well known and respected music venue in the States, often compared with the "fantastic" Rainbow venue in Finsbury Park London, which I used to frequent as often as once a week watching bands and as often at times as three times a week. Sorry I digress.
This album captures Humble Pie raw and at their best, with a really true live sound and not messed about with, I have seen them twice in the seventies and they were superb and this album captures all of what I saw and can remember back in the day.
Yes, I am a seventies prog rock and blues fan and still can't get over how bad and uninventive music is today, so boring and un-imaginative, same old, same old, same old, boring dreary music with no direction or inspiration. If you feel the same buy this and have a fix of real music with a real live sound. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the few great live LPs, 24 Dec 2010
Chris Cowan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
There might be live LPs as good by Van, James Brown, Richmond Fontaine, Marvin Gaye, Talking Heads i'm sure others i'm not thinking of at the mo. But we all know live recordings are usually disappointing. But as a live ROCK record the only one that comes close is the Who Live at Leeds. Even Get Yer Ya Yas, and i buy into the greatest r 'n' r band thing, doesn't make it. This rocks, grooves, riffs....all you want from live full-on rock. Get your tennis racket out. utterly thrilling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy daze, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
I love this album and have felt that way from the day it was released. Saw them shortly before the American tour from which this was recorded. They were an excellent live band and this is them at the top of their game.
Being a Deadhead I love the extended numbers.
Greg Ridley was a real class bass player, very under rated.

Maybe time has aged this, but it hasn't aged my memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ageing Rocker, 28 Mar 2009
A. P. Clifford "zuzuman" (Cwmbran S.Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore (Audio CD)
What can you say about this album, this was Marriott at his best and no disrespect to the other members of the band but he was the ultimate front man. Bought this when it was originally released on vinyl and as soon as it arrived it was put on my CD player and yes it is still sounds as good as ever. Marriott was one of those ICONIC figures of rock and if you have not heard a lot of his stuff then buy this along with Rock on and you will be amazed!

Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore
Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore by Humble Pie (Audio CD - 2012)