5.0 out of 5 stars Dark side of Disney
I wore out my LP copy of this years ago and had to really hunt around to find it on CD. Its all those songs you remember from your childhood but with a more adult feel to them. I titled this dark side because some of the interpretations are that...especiaslly Tom Waits take on Hi Ho...with bones and all!

Bonnie Raitt does wonders to Baby Mine from Dumbo..and...
Published on 13 Aug 2006 by M

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag
The quality of the songs and the talent of the contributors gave me high hopes for this CD. In most cases though they struggle to top the originals. That said, Aaron Neville's bonkers but brilliant gospel version of the Mickey Mouse March makes the entire purchase worthwhile.
Published on 25 July 2008 by Jim

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark side of Disney, 13 Aug 2006
This review is from: Stay Awake: Various Interpretations of Music from Vintage Disney Films (Audio CD)

Bonnie Raitt does wonders to Baby Mine from Dumbo..and there is also a space for pink elephants to parade later on.

I feel there is something for everyone on this CD and with the forthcoming release of Rogue's Gallery hopefully it will come to the attention of a few more people.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 25 July 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to describe, 2 Jan 2010
J. Richardson "Jez" (Clowne, Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I heard this many years ago when it was recorded for me on cassette (remember them!), and I had forgotten it until just a memory a few weeks ago. I tracked down and bought on a thought that I loved it. On hearing it again it is a mix of the good and the not so - but fascinating and for that reason alone worth listening too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag yes, but some diamonds in the rough, 7 April 2009
joolsm (Sunny Devon UK) - See all my reviews
I love this album bought it back in 88 and still dig it out occasionally. Highlights are Los Lobos - I wanna be like you, excellent instrumentals from Bill Frisell, Wayne Horwitz and Garth Hudson. Frisell and Horwitz's Dumbo and Timothy is fantastic. Many other great moments including Bonnie Raitt and Tom Waits.