5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced upbeat Jazz at its best
Published on 17 Mar 2002 by Spirit Juggler

3.0 out of 5 stars A different kind of blues
Published on 2 May 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced upbeat Jazz at its best, 17 Mar 2002
This review is from: Save His Soul (Audio CD)
People often think of Blues as being slow and depressing or that Jazz is something of yesteryear which should be forgotton along with memories of eighties punk rock styles, but John Popper and the Blues Traveler band prove just how wrong those people are. Their style is fast paced and lighthearted but with a deeper sense that cant help but affect the soul of the listener. You find yourself singing along whether you know the lyrics or not and your foot tapping to the beat, in time or not. The style is undefinable except that 'Save his Soul' is Jazz at its best

3.0 out of 5 stars A different kind of blues, 2 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Save His Soul (Audio CD)
Bought up listening to the likes of Albert King, I expected a different sound when I put Soul Traveller into my CD player. Although it would appeal to those who enjoy a slight country & western twang, this is far too fast paced and rocky to be true blues for me. I cant deny they are a good band and the lead singer has a good voice (to my ears - subtle hints of a Tracey Chapman lilt) but its missing warmth and feeling. A Soul traveller it is not. However music tastes differ, and if like me, you had not heard of this band before, have a listen to them before purchasing.

Save His Soul
Save His Soul by Blues Traveler (Audio CD - 1999)