5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry, I'll stick to what I do best!
Published on 5 Feb 2007 by L. Foxall

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good. Jumped all the way through playing both in ...
Not good. Jumped all the way through playing both in car and CD player in home . Wouldn't buy from this seller again.
Published 3 months ago by christine glover

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't worry, I'll stick to what I do best!, 5 Feb 2007
L. Foxall "foxall" (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
After posting my only negative reviews on Amazon so far about the two Celine Dion albums `A New Day Has Come' & `One Heart', I wanted to express my true emotions about them in a way that fellow Amazon viewers would find useful. However, after only 3 out of 14 people (I think!) felt that way inclined, I decided to get rid of them and stick to what I seem to do best - writing positive reviews!

Although her self-titled album is not as high-profile as `The Colour of My Love' & `Let's Talk About Love', it's arguably Celine's most important because I think it was the album that gave her the platform for her future success. If anyone has listened to this and the other two I've just mentioned, you'll understand the point I'm making.

To put it briefly, this album is very good and possibly just as good as `The Colour of My Love' & `Let's Talk About Love'. Think of Unison's raw, rock-style edge smoothened off and that's what you get with this. All of the tracks are up to the high standards that Celine was renowned for in the 1990s but if there is one that stands out from the rest, for me it's `Nothing Broken But My Heart'. This song is magical and is one of my favourite Celine Dion songs. It was brought out as a single in the early 90s, so I wonder would it have been a hit if she was as big then as what she is now?

If it wasn't for this album, do think Celine would be what she is now?

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best album of all, 23 Oct 2004
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
Perhaps unexpectedly, this eponymous album is the most heartfelt of Celine Dion's. Despite her megastar success in the second half of the 1990s, this, her second album in English, is a showcase of her raw talent as the songwriting is less commercial and slick compared to later releases. Four songs have notably more strength than the rest, being 'Show Some Emotion', 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Halfway To Heaven' and the most remarkable of all, 'Nothing Broken But My Heart'. The latter is the most powerful ballad on the album, which is altogether more consistent than late 1990s releases, eg. 'Falling Into You'. The whole album has an almost 1980s feel about it, it takes getting used to but definitely stands the test of time. Listen and think of bubble perms, legwarmers and appreciate the sheer strength of this fantastic woman's voice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Celine Dion; Celine Dion CD Review, 23 Oct 2006
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
This is the second English-speaking album of Quebec superstar Celine Dion. It is a subtle change from her first English language album, Unison. As the first album was of a very 80's beep bop feel, with classic dance tracks and rhythms, this one focuses more on the 90's love ballad genre. This is a definite album to put on when you are in need of some inspiration, enlightening or just a good cry for that matter. Celine shows extreme emotion when singing her songs and it makes you feel you can relate to her words, as opposed to tapping your feet to a good beat.
The introduction to the album is a sort of speaking verse in French, which leads dramatically into 'Love Can Move Mountains'. This song is one of my favourite Celine songs. It's message is simple, and using a pop beat with gospel background vocals is pure genius for the title. For me, it is Celine's best song from her early career on the charts. My all time favourite song from the album (not from the charts) is 'Nothing Broken but my Heart'. It's filled raw with emotion and anyone can relate to the subtle text and tone of the words portrayed. Plus it really helped me get over a particularly difficult time of my love life.
This album also offers the soundtrack to the movie 'Beauty and the Beast', a duet between Celine and Peabo Bryson, soul/pop singer. Being a fan of Disney, I find it perfect that one of my favourite films has been combined with one of my favourite singers.
Produced by the likes of Vito Luprano, Walter Afanasieff,Humerto Gatica, Guy Roche and Ric Wake, the album speaks fluently from the heart to anyone and everyone who listens to it! With other such brilliant songs as 'If you Could Ask me to', 'Halfway To Heaven', 'If I were you' and 'With this Tear', you won't be disappointed with the purchase of this immaculate piece of art. The song that was also included (and released as a US/UK single) on 'Unison', appears here too ('that is 'Where Does My Heart Beat Now'). Therefore the possibilities are endless when you give it a chance and listen. You will be 'Halfway To Heaven'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT ALBUM TO ADD TO YOUR CELINE COLLECTION, 18 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
This is Celines greatest fan- Daniel Langton.If you have got material of hers that are new, get this and see just how she started off. A young and emotional Celine who puts everything into her music and has deserved her success. If You Asked Me To, Love Can Move Mountains, Beauty and the Beast and Where Does My Heart Beat Now are just a few of excellent tracks from this great album. A mixture of dancy tracks and love ballads, a must for fans of Celine.

4.0 out of 5 stars True Classic, 29 Oct 2013
E. C. Powell (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
The young voice of celine, before Titanic. Features catchy tunes such as 'love can move mountains'. A heart wrenching performance of 'with this tear' written by prince, and generally a damn good album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Celine Dion, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
If you like Celine then you will love this album I especially like the track, If you asked me to.

5.0 out of 5 stars it was great, 10 May 2013
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
its was great have been playing it ever day since I got it all the cd I have sent for have been very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Fails to Impress, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Celine Dion (Audio CD)
Superb! I have most if not all of Celine's albums now. I have to write more to able to submit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good. Jumped all the way through playing both in ..., 25 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Aug 2014
Great product many thanks

Celine Dion
Celine Dion by Céline Dion (Audio CD - 1992)