1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good - 4 stars, 9 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Riverdance Distilled: Brendan Power Plays the Music from Riverdance (Audio CD)
Overall an excellent CD. The songs that Brendan Power chose to redo happen to be my favourites, and it's very nice to hear them in a different way.
1. Countless Cathleen - this is my favourite song out of the whole Riverdance suite, and I am so glad that this one is on here, because the song on the actual Riverdance CD was never long enough for me. This one is perfect.
2. Reel Around the Sun - not really different at all to the one on the R. CD, just without taps.
3. Slip into Spring - again, very similar, and very pretty. :) I wish this one was for dancing to, because it's lovely.
4. American Wake - the little grunt at the beginning of this one makes me laugh :D Slower than the original, still good.
5. Lift the Wings - definitely a classic.
6. Riverdance - my third favourite one on the CD. I love hearing taps on the music, but this one is just as good without.
7. Caoineadh Chu Chulainn - I prefer the original, simply because of the lead instrument, but this still evokes the mournful atmosphere of the piece.
8. Firedance/Andalucia - I have to admit, this is one I skip over. I am one of those people that always wants Irish, and has never been terribly interested in the Flamenco side of things, so this is just my preference.
9. Riverdance/Women of the Sidhe - love this one. My second favourite on the CD. Putting the soft shoe Riverdance together with the Hard shoe WoftheS is a brilliant idea and works really well. Two excellent parts of the show brought together to form a great track.
10. Marta's Dance/The Russian Dervish - a fun track, another great one and an excellent way to finish off the album; on an upbeat note.