5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect introduction to an amazing artist, 2 Jun 2005
This review is from: Fairytales and Colours (Audio CD)
This CD was my first taster of Donovan's music and my oh my - what a corker.
The songs are very raw (usually just the vocal and acoustic guitar) but the emotion is so strong and there's a kind of magic about the writing. I like every song (which is unusual because on most albums there's at least 1 track I don't like) but for me the highlights are 'The Summer Day Reflection Song', 'The Little Tin Soldier', 'Jersey Thursday' and 'Goldwatch Blues', oh, and the instrumental 'Tangerine Puppet'.
To sum up this compilation in several words: bohemian, catchy (but also timeless), and ultimate 'feel good' music.
It's surely one of the best collections I've ever bought and I had the pleasure of catching the man himself in concert tonight. Delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Donovan at his early best, 20 Mar 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Fairytales and Colours (Audio CD)
I already have both albums, "What's Bin Did and What's Bin Hid" and "Fairytale", but they have been played so much that the sound quality has obviously deteriorated. This CD gives it all back with the added bonus of "Universal Soldier", "Turquoise" and "Hey Gyp" - 45's that have also seen better days. If you like early-60's Donovan then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice present, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Colours: Live In Concert (Audio CD)
I purchased this for my husband and he loved it, Arrived in great condition and on time in fact slightly earlier than stated which was good as it was a present so really pleased and would definitely recommend.

Colours: Live In Concert
Colours: Live In Concert by Donovan (Audio CD - 2001)