5.0 out of 5 stars The content and feel of the music
Published on 4 Nov 2001 by adearing@waitrose.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Silence isnt golden
According to Amazon I have no "open" orders-funny that as I ordered this 15 days ago and "I'm still waiting". Perhaps I should have ordered "the sound of silence". An item I ordered a week ago from Amazon proper has been delivered though.
The moral of the story is that an Amazon reseller is to be avoided if you want an item by a certain date, ie a Birthday.
Published on 26 April 2011 by Stephen Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars The content and feel of the music, 4 Nov 2001
This review is from: Hunchback of Notre Dame (Audio CD)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a 5 star album displaying once again Menken's talents. The music can be enjoyed by child fans of the movie and adult music lovers, although I feel some messages in the songs are too heavy for young children. The music has a catholic choral style (as some is in latin) as well as a gypsy bohemian theme contrasting. 'Hell fire' is a passionate song of lust with a heavy theme on the morals surrounding gypsys, witchcraft, church and the law. But the right message is sent out in the ballad 'God help the outcasts'. The music brilliantly describes the time and feel of Victor Hugo's epic novel with a touch of comedy in the talking gargoyles. This c.d is fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 18 Jun 2009
What can I say...a gorgeous movie with a gorgeous soundtrack! I saw The Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was a child and the music always haunted me, raising goosebumps on my arm. At twenty years old I rewatched the movie and was so wowed by the music I finally hunted down the OST on Amazon, and I'm so glad I did. Its barely been out of my player since the day it came! Beautiful lyrics and surprisingly very deep for a Disney film with its undertones of lust, judgement and death (especially my personal favourite track Hellfire, a wonderfully profound song of faith conflicting with desire that leaks hypocrisy from every word-it's amazingly written and perfectly performed by Tony Jay as Frollo) so please don't mistake this for a 'kiddy' album to silence the little uns for an hour or two (though even at my age it's very tempting to sing along to the quirky fun numbers like 'the court of miracles'). The choral score is immensely stirring and the booklet that comes with the CD gives a latin-english translation of the words, which is a nice touch. All in all this is highly recommended if you appreciated the music of the movie; this has got everything you could possibly want and it stands head and shoulders above most other Disney OSTs. My only negative comment has to go to Bette Midler's God Help The Outcasts-the lady is a fine singer but it isn't a patch on the movie version (which is on there too, don't worry). This soundtrack should be recognised up there with The Phantom of the Opera and other classics, it is simply that memorable and that good. I never tire of it.

Also recommended if you like this are the Trinity Blood OST and Noein OSTs; both have some beautifully rousing choral music.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the finest Disney Soundtracks, 29 Jan 2013
This astonishing soundtrack composed by Alan Menken is certainly a true masterpiece. Including all of the films magnificent songs, powerful choral works and beautiful instrumental pieces, this soundtrack is a true work of art. Lyrics are included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful music but not quite as fully textured and fantastic as in the movie, 23 Jan 2013
I adore the soundtrack to the Hunchback of Notre Dame and used to play the dvd in the background for its music.

So I decided to buy the soundtrack so I could pick and choose the songs and listen to them at any time without having to put in my dvd.

Overall I was pleased with all of my favourite tracks. However I can fault it in a small way as a couple of tracks just don't have the same richness of bass and texture as in the dvd! So in this small way I was a tad dissapointed.

It was a good buy though, and I love the artwork on the cover too

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 6 Jan 2013
Is a lovley soundtrack to a classic movie. An amazing listen for kids and mum and dad! Have listened to it over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Brilliant, 6 April 2011
The entire soundtrack is directed by Alan Menkin,who also composed the soundtrack for "Beauty and the Beast". The hunchback of Notre Dam is however, utterly brilliant and I recommend that any lover of Disney music (such as myself) should buy this album without any Hesitation, and that anyone who finds the instrumentals of the album interesting should look into the work of Alan Menkin, if I were selling this I'd sell it for well over £5 (in my own personal opinion its worth £15, BUY IT WHILST YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Dec 2014
This review is from: Hunchback of Notre Dame (Audio CD)
Loved the film - Love the music....

2.0 out of 5 stars Silence isnt golden, 26 April 2011

Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hunchback of Notre Dame by Stephen Schwartz (Audio CD - 2001)