Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 January 2014
It's been raining nearly everyday for months, so I thought I would try something completely different that would whisk me away to a land of sunshine, colour and mystery. And it has nearly worked.

The style of the music was pretty much what I had in mind - It is energetic, slightly hypnotic, and very atmospheric. It doesn't exactly bring back the sun, but it has lifted the gloom a little.

There are 8 tracks on the album, making nearly an hour of music, although the last two are actually just remastered versions of earlier ones. All the pieces are instrumental, which I found a little disappointing - I was curious about the vocal style of Egyptian music, and I believe most of the tracks on the album are originally songs - next time I will do a little more research and try to find the sung versions.

But apart from that I have enjoyed the CD, and I have found it interesting to try a style of music that was so completely foreign to me.