Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 August 2002
Powerful Guitar with exceptional bass, & great drumming..This is Savoy Brown's best album. Great jams!! And one of the best album covers ever!!This is a must for any Savoy Brown fan..The songs are well written with some great lead guitar and produced well.This is one of my all time best albums!!Lonesome Dave's vocals are exceptional..Enjoy and "Take It Easy"
savoykev
on 11 November 2002
The first band I ever went to see was Status Quo back in 1973. Savoy Brown were the backing band so consequently the first band I ever saw live. The whole show was superb although it took my untrained ears two days to stop ringing. I had never heard of Savoy Brown but they were excellent so I rushed out and bought this album (can't remember why I chose this one - maybe I liked the cover)and never had any regrets. Some blurb that I've since read says that this is a 'heavy rock-slanted offering' but I prefer to classify it as heavy blues. All tracks have a great melodic guitaring drive to them. If this is a heavy rock album it is the best for blue moods that I have ever been hooked by.
Another one for a listen is Raw Sienna.
on 18 January 2013
Fairly undistinguished album from savoy brown. They've made some great tracks over the years but never really managed a complete classic album, probably their best shot would be Hellbound Train a couplr of years later.
on 18 January 2016
Great blues album !!! Beautiful sleeve !
on 12 April 2016