Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 November 2013
How can one band have so many great hits on one album?. They have a sound that is slightly differant from some of the other rock bands of the era and it's bloody good. I'm going hunting in the 'Amazon' for more of their albums and look forward to the search and reward. If there is one rock album that you have to buy make it this one.
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2002
Forget Thriller, Bat out of Hell, Sgt Pepper, Brothers in Arms, The Wall, etc, etc - THIS IS THE GREATEST EVER ALBUM!
It's got everything.. catchy hit singles ("Animal", "Rocket", "Pour Some Sugar on Me") rock anthems ("Gods of War", "Hysteria") pure fun and enjoyment ("Women", "Armageddon it") and even a love song! ("Love Bites")
Never mind the fact that this is a great intro to Def Lep, this is a great intro to music! So spoil yourself because once you've played this no other album will ever come close as far as lyrics, harmonies, musical ability, layered production or sheer quality go!!!!
on 13 December 2013
Recently watched the classic album programme and decided to buy a copy.... well it has stood the test of time... every track is solid both musically and lyrically... the detail and effort that has gone into each track is very pleasing on the ear... a well mixed heavy rock album with a very electrical feel....

it would be to easy to dismiss this album as heavy metal... it is much more subtle than that yet still has power and passion... but the detailed musicianship gives the album to me ... a classic album status... and one that I will play for years to come
on 9 October 2014
My go-to album for pretty much anything, this album has it all. A paean (literally) to the medium of song, this album nails it. This purchase if my fifth copy, as it means I can put it on my iPhone, although I still have the vinyl and cassette versions.
on 30 January 2000
Hysteria was the first rock album I purchased after hearing Animal. I wasn't disappointed! Gods of War is also a big favourite - much heavier than the rest of the songs. If you are going to start a Leppard collection - pick this one!
on 23 August 2002
WHen you mention Def Leppard, most people think they are a heavy U.S band. Wrong on both counts. Infact Sheffield's finest truly surpassed themseleves on this album, and many would consider it as one of the finest rock albums of all time (consistently coming in top 10, 20's etc). Animal is probably the best track since its appeals to such a wide spectrum of listeners with its catchy lyrics and riff lines - true poprock.Other highlights are (for me) Hysteria and Gods of War. At no point does this album get too heavy or even repetative. Its in a simliar vein to Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet (the other great pop rock album of the time)with catchy tunes you'll keep singing in your head for days. I have been listening to this album almost continuosly for over 13 years - now, that can't be bad can it?
on 18 December 2013
I remember the hype when this album was released and could'nt wait to get the album, although I thought it was good I remember thinking I preferred Pyromania, and having had a tough of nostalgia and purchased Hysteria and Pyromania, my thoughts remain the same. Pyromania 5 Hysteria 4.
on 9 June 2016
Music still as amazing as it ever was x good price and good delivery time too but case was already broken before I even got the CD out x shame but does not affect quality of music just need to be super careful in the car!
on 2 November 2009
One hell of a great Rock Classic British/Us Band of my time. Please forgive me I just can't help but sit back, feet up and smile when I put this Master piece CD in my ghetto blaster with the volume up full. I loved the Bon-Jovi, U2, Journey, Dare, Ronald Rat ect ect era and very much still do, and legend has it that many of these bands where influanced by Def Leepard, my personal opinion that this is in my top five best "album that I own collection" and it rarely gets missed out every two weeks when it's music time. I have owned this album for over 15 years and it's as good now as it was then, I never get tired of it, I can't say I love every song in this album, two or three songs kinda kills it for me not the album tho' but only one Album so far and is The Joshua Tree - U2, however out of 100 I rate it at 90 which is good folks trust me. This album will grip you by the throat and hold you there for some time simply for it's melody, crisp sounding guitar riffs and some great coruses that will help you chill out or freak out, whether you're in the home, office or in the car it will have you tapping something thats attached to your body foot, hand's, fingers or your head but you will not be alone!. Their best album by a clear mile I dont think you will be disappointed, if you are there's always Gun........ I Sit back, feet up fag in one hand, coffe in the other and enjoy the memories all flooding back with the best of british playing in the background.

Just Bluddy Buy it
on 6 March 2013
One of the greatest albums of all time - every song is brilliant - Women, Animal, Love Bites Gods of War, Hysteria and Love and Affection are stand out tracks but every song is great. With one of the greatest guitarist songwriters to come out of the UK - Steve Clark this album is a must for all rock fans.