5.0 out of 5 stars ...Just Like A Slim-Fit Ben Sherman Shirt
Published on 29 Mar 2012 by S Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars SNAP! - The incomplete collection
As a Jam fan I purchased several of their CDs in order to replace my vinyl collection. SNAP is an excellent album it is therefore unfortunate that some of my favourite tracks are absent on the CD version. Quite why this should be the case I don't know and had it not been for this the rating would be higher.
Published on 3 Feb 2006 by J. MOWLE

4.0 out of 5 stars blast from the past, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Compact Snap (Audio CD)
my work colleague had never heard of them but had heard of Paul Weller, huh kids think people become a 50 odd year old singer when they get old

5.0 out of 5 stars ...Just Like A Slim-Fit Ben Sherman Shirt, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Compact Snap (Audio CD)
I've never really succumbed to the unquestioning devotion that Paul Weller's work with punk/new wave outfit The Jam seems to inspire in so many of his followers. For instance, I don't think that they produced a classic rock LP that could be compared with the likes of London's Calling, or Never Mind The B________. But I am taken by the short spiky singles that they produced in a brief, but productive spell in the late 1970s and early 1980s. This hour long compilation includes all 21 of the hits that they made in that time; from the punky 'In The City' to the soulful sound of 'Beat Surrender'.*

I appreciate Compact Snap! because it includes all of the chart successes with which their name became synonymous - memorable tracks like 'The Eton Rifles', 'Going Underground' and 'Town Called Malice'. And I like it for its moments of poignant reflection - such as 'That's Entertainment' and 'The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow)' - just as much as I do for its angrier efforts - like 'The Modern World' and 'Town Called Malice'.

Many reviewers have criticised this budget-priced collection for its abridgement; it omits eight songs from the original double album. Personally, I feel that it makes it lean and sharp - just like a slim-fitting Ben Sherman shirt

4.0 out of 5 stars bloody brilliant, BUT ..., 26 Jun 2004
This review is from: Compact Snap (Audio CD)
I BOUGHT THIS ON VINYL WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED (1983?). WHEN I WAS 12. AND I THINK THE 8 SONGS NOT INCLUDED HERE MAKE A LOT OF DIFFERENCE. GET A TURNTABLE AND BUY THE VINYL OR ELSE BUY THE ALBUMS ON CD. GOOD INTRODUCTION TO THE BAND, BUT SURELY NO ONE'S GONNA WANT AN INTRODUCTION THESE DAYS. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. SHOWS A GREAT CHRONOLOGY OF THE JAM, ALL THE SINGLES INCLUDED, BUT SOME OF THE SUBTLETIES AVOIDED. I WAS A YOUNG MOD, NOW I'M AN OLD FART. STILL MUCH BETTER POP MUSIC THAN YOU'RE EVER GOING TO HEAR AGAIN. BUY IT. BUT BUY ALL THE ALBUMS FOR BEST (SOUND) EFFECTS.

4.0 out of 5 stars jam jam jam, 21 Dec 2005
This review is from: Compact Snap (Audio CD)
although the cd version is missing some tracks from the vynal release this is still a must,a great starter album for anyone getting into the band,this album was huge when it was released in 1983,this is probably one of the best"compalation"albums ever released,enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Compact Snap (Audio CD)
Love this cd play it all the time.

3.0 out of 5 stars SNAP! - The incomplete collection, 3 Feb 2006
J. MOWLE (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Sep 2014
very happy

Compact Snap
Compact Snap by The Jam (Audio CD - 1997)