5.0 out of 5 stars Sharleen Spiteri has a wonderful voice
Published on 16 Nov 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Texas - White on Blonde
The album is fair only. Nothing in it impresses me too much but I like Texas so it completes a part of my collection
Published 18 months ago by David A

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharleen Spiteri has a wonderful voice, 16 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
The first song I heard by Texas was "Say What You Want" and I have been a convert ever since. The song still remains one of my favourites on the cd, but there are certainly a lot of other terrific songs to be heard. Sharleen Spiteri's voice (I think) is absolutely wonderful and almost everyone I know who has listened to the band's music has taken a liking to it almost immediately. There are a couple of instrumental type interludes that I don't dig too much, but they are over before you know what is happening - now that I know I instantly skip ahead so I can once again hear Sharleen's singing. I now have this cd and the more recent cd "The Hush" and would easily recommend them both to almost any listener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a jewel!!, 5 Oct 2003
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
This album is simply a jewel, from the first to the last track Sharleen's voice is a gift for your ears, full of emotions and registers. All the songs are stylysh and powerful, specially amazing are Halo, Say what you want and White on Blonde. The lyrics are extraordinary, pure poetry and. The more you listen to it, the more you like it, that's for sure. If you buy this cd you won't regret at all, you'll scream for more Texas' music!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good the first time, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
had this when it came out years ago and its an amazing album and i just love texas lalalalala lalalala

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 17 Mar 2001
M. S Worthington (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
In some ways, it is a shame that Texas had to wait for this album to make them BIG!! It amazes me that it took 4 albums for the amazing talent of this group, and the beautiful voice of Sharleen Spiteri to be realised fully. I absolutley love "put your arms around me", it really is a beautiful song and I can listen to it over and over without growing tired of it at all. In an era ruled by teeny-pop its a shame that bands like Texas often get ignored by so many (although I do own some "pop" albums myself) and I would urge any music fan to purchase this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars White on blond Texas, 1 July 2014
This review is from: White On Blonde (MP3 Download)
Fantastic amazon are fantastic amazing great just fantastic stupendous

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Jun 2014
Ivan Bradley "Using Mrs's credit card again..." (Central England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
Now and again one comes across an album that hasn't got a duff or even a "make-weight" track on it. Every track is, in it's own way, a winner.
This is such an album.Wow!

The sort of record I could leave on repeat play for a while.
My opinion, yours may differ.

Variations on this boilerplate text will be applied to a very small number of albums where necessary - to a handful of "desert Island" discs that don't need trimming down or skipped tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars White on Blonde, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
arrived on time in perfect condition - thanks ever so much
I think this cd is one of Texas's best - its one of my favourite car cd's and as I'm in my car a lot, it will get my full attention as did the last one.

4.0 out of 5 stars White On Blonde = 4 Stars On Review, 24 Sep 2013
Matthew Stoneman "90's Guy" (North Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
While looking at the refurbished CDs section of a supermarket I visit on a weekly basis, I happened to come across SIX copies of "White On Blonde" by Texas, about the same number as the You've-got-a-gay Madonna albums and the Mariah "HDD" (Heavy Diva Demands) Carey albums on offer there. I can understand all the no-longer-wanted Madonna and Mariah stuff, but is "White On Blonde" really that bad? Based on Amazon preview hearings I would say no.

"White On Blonde" was the fourth studio album released by Texas. Released in 1997 it remains the Scottish band's best selling and probably most well known album to date; with it being their first to reach No.1 in the UK album charts, going 6x Platinum in the process as well as spawning five top 10 songs. "White On Blonde's" main appeal (at least in my opinion) is that it's an album consisting of lively guilty-pleasure pop that's been carefully mixed in with relatively light and likeable rock.

Among the must-listens is SAY WHAT YOU WANT, a loveable track with an interesting mix of rock and pop as well as a hint of orchestra work. All that plus the enthusiastic moderate tempo makes it yet another tune that flicks the correct switches in the heads of all 90's people, reminding them of why that decade was their decade. DRAWING CRAZY PATTERNS is another good song with its elegant start with the acoustic guitar, and when the other instruments soon join in it does a nice job of lifting you up both physically and mentally.

INSANE is one to listen to several times over. It has a lively James Bond vibe to it with its lively orchestra work, especially those long drawn notes on the violins. BLACK EYED BOY has a strong marching band mentality thanks to a strong and energetic drumbeat; while GOOD ADVICE is another piece that allows your ears to imagine being the theme to a 007 movie. It doesn't sound quite as tidy as INSANE, but it's still pretty good.

There are no songs on WOB that are worth bashing. There is nothing here that'll make you drop to the floor, place your hands over your ears and flail your legs around while complaining that you cannot stand the sound. But at the same time the album doesn't quite do enough to make you love it. Like it, yes. But not love it. The songs mentioned above are worth several plays, but the others are only really worth the occasional listen to every now and then.

Still "White On Blonde" is a good album. If you happen to find it anywhere for a good deal, then I would recommend picking it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite, 24 April 2013
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
I got this to replace a lost/ missing / nicked by ex old one. It is one of my favourite albums. Every track is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Texas White on Blonde, 30 Dec 2009
P. D. Walker "Fillitforfree" (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: White On Blonde (Audio CD)
Texas. Their music is just great. I use this to capture a perfect mood. A warm room, fluffy sheepskins and cushions, low ambient lighting, candles, a glass of red wine and Texas playing in the background.
Now that is nice......
Try it.

White On Blonde
White On Blonde by Texas (Audio CD - 1997)