5.0 out of 5 stars Squalid, Seedy, Desperate.... Superb.
For those not gullible or stupid enough to buy into the whole media-led Battle of Blur/Oasis nonsense of 1995/96, there were other bands to listen to. This was my first year at university, and it seemed that every corridor in every Hall of Residence resonated to the sound of either (What's The Story) Morning Glory or Different Class. As great and enjoyable as the former...
Published on 21 Jan 2004 by Richard Beenham

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
I absolutely love Pulp and this CD is amazing! I wanted to buy a copy as a gift for a friend but the CD I received from this company was cracked and broken, with dirty, sticky smudge marks on it and the CD inside scratched ... I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Published on 4 April 2010 by Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulp album DIIFERENT CLASS, 23 July 2010
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
This is my favourite Pulp album and one of the best albums of all time. Every track is fantastic and Common People is the best.
I bought this item as a gift for an appreciative friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Class, 29 Nov 2003
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
They were average before and they've been average since. In this context Different Class is exactly what it says it is. The tracklisting reveals the anthems that we all know and love (Common People, Disco 2000) but there's much much more to this record than a couple of sing-alongs.
Lyrically, the album is both witty and perceptive, both qualities laced with just the right degree of self-mocking. Its the story of a world you know, a world where skilfully negotiating the dog turd is worthy of kudos, a world where you walk a girl home after school each day, a world where you lose your friends and dance alone with 20,000 pilled-up people.
The album doesn't disappoint musically either, particularly 'Something's Changed' - a song with a horrifically catchy melody and just the right solo at just the right time. Its not Britpop, it doesn't sound dated, it just sounds like a band at their absolute peak recording an exceptional album.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is the soundtrack to youth and rebels everywhere., 23 May 2000
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
Well here you have it the best album that ever was and I still can't believe that every person in the world does not have a copy of this album. Every song on this album is a masterpiece and each emits a different emotion and envokes reactons from even the most cynical psyche. Personally Mis- shapes makes me want to go out and start a fight, Bar Italia makes me want to feel happier even though I know i'm not. Of course the anthem to us all, Common People makes me look at life with a smile on my face and puts hpe in my soul. So everyone out there go out and buy this album, make it your musical bible! Thank you Pulp P.S. Come back Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Mature, Bright, Different..., 23 May 2000
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
This is one of the most mature albums on britpop music i've ever heard. I used to hear pop albums with just rythmic and often nosense lyrics, but when i first heard about Pulp, i got amazed. Intelligent, bright lyrics, and this dramatic way of singing from the best "storyteller" of todays' britpop music. thanx, jarbo! . Of course, if you can get the japanese edition (double CD with "2nd class") then you may want to live in tokyo. (and don't forget "His'n'Hers" and "This is hardcore", simply perfect)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sep 2014
Mr. Robert C. Smith "Bob Smith" (Wantage, Oxon, UK) - See all my reviews
Great album, a classic from the period and still stands up well today.

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can I say?, 21 Feb 2000
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
I first heard this album when I was in first year of Uni, this album is my soundtrack! Every song is a winner, BUY IT YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS ALBUM! This eclipses everything that the "Britpop" world offered!Truely and I cant say this about any other album. This CD it perfection, every track is a gem. I cannot advise you enough to buy it, borrow it or rent it from your library even! But listen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jarvis - The Master of all Lyrics!, 11 Nov 2000
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
In my opinion, "Different Class" has to be Pulp's best album (although the other ones are very good too). Jarvis weaves his frank, shocking, and often hilarious words around the electric sound that is Pulp. The album is altogether a satirical view on society. I love it! My favourite songs have to be the anthem "Mis-Shapes", the leg-shakin' "Common People", oh, I love them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to upgrade to, 30 Sep 2014
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
Had this on cassette many years ago. Great to upgrade to CD

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 17 Jan 2005
M. Davies (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
i always considered Pulp to be a fourth rate british 90s band, after Blur, Oasis and the Verve. I had only heard the short version of Common People a dozen times on vh2(and loved it, naturally) and enjoyed Disco 2000 and saw the CD for £5 on amazon, so I thought I'd buy it based on those tracks, a few listens of the others, thats about it...
Boy, was I under-estimating this albums glory! Although at first listen I just wanted to go to "Common People" and "Disco 2000" and then listen to the other tracks if I had the time. Instead, i listened to the whole album track by track, I was merely impressed, standing out were the two I've mentioned plus "I Spy" and "Sorted for E's & Wizz". Upon a second listen, the other tracks began to grow on me. "Something Changed", Mis-Shapes", "Underwear" and "F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E". Suddenly, I began to see that this album was actually one of the most satisfying ever and that after another listen this album is one of my favourites and never has album tracks become a near-great a quality as the singles (the only others i can think of are "Parklife", "Urban Hymnes" and "Who Killed the Zutons")
Mis-Shapes- (9)
Pencil Skirt (9)
Common People (10)
I Spy (9)
Disco 2000 (10)
Live Bed Show (8)
Something Changed (9)
Sorted for E's and Wizz (10)
F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E (9)
Underwear (9)
Monday Morning (8)
Bar Italia (8)
Absolutely amazing, listen a few times to truly appreciate the magnificence of this wonderful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jarvis Cocker Top Rocker, 5 Feb 2001
This review is from: Different Class (Audio CD)
Jarvis Cocker has beauty within his soul.
Wonderfully touching imagery and descriptions, superb dialogue and exchanges, a unique and genuine insight into working class life in Britain, a wit so ascerbic you could cut your wrists on it, songs which are funny the first and every time you hear them - a near impossible feat.
He is a man of rare genius - and what a mover! What dress sense!
If you buy this you will be touched. Go on - I dare you!

Different Class
Different Class by Pulp (Audio CD - 1999)