5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew Lloyed Webbers best musical ever!
Published on 14 Mar 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The American Premiere Version Instead!!!!!!
Published on 14 Jun 2005 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew Lloyed Webbers best musical ever!, 14 Mar 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sunset Boulevard: World Premiere Recording (Audio CD)
Actually I was very tired of Andrew Lloyed Webber Musicals. But when I went to see Patti LuPone and Kevin Anderson in Sunset Blvd. I changed my mind. This is the best musical I have ever seen. I love the music, the score, the songs and I especially enjoyed Patti LuPone as Norma Desmond with equally good Kevin Anderson as her Joe Gillis. Sadly both of them have go on to other successes, leaving us behind with the only next best thing to a live performance. This World Premiere Recording captures the essence of the Show and believe me when I say, it presents this musical on the highest level. No other artists after Patti LuPone and Kevin Anderson have achieved such a great chemistry. So buy it, today. Its worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunset Boulevard, 16 April 2012
This review is from: Sunset Boulevard: World Premiere Recording (Audio CD)
Picked this up second hand from one of your dealers at an unbelievable price. Stunning quality, terrific tracks from what I consider to be one of the best Lloyd Webber musicals. If you haven't seen it on stage, or are not particularly familiar with it, it's worth taking a chance on this item, you will be amazed at how good it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must but, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sunset Boulevard: World Premiere Recording (Audio CD)
I listened to this all the way to the French alpes I love the music and would recommend you buy it

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The American Premiere Version Instead!!!!!!, 14 Jun 2005
This review is from: Sunset Boulevard: World Premiere Recording (Audio CD)
Having followed this wonderful show around the world, I thought I would never say that a U.S recording would ever be better than a London cast version. However if you are a mad fan of Sunset like me, then it's my duty to tell you that the version recorded by Glenn Close in Los Angeles is without a doubt the finest you will ever hear!!! From the moment it begins, right up to the dramatic tearful ending Ms Close and her cast bring this masterpiece to life, in a magical way.
Much re-working was done in Hollywood with the help of Billy Wilder, so when U.S audiences were finally drawn to the Broadway premiere, they were given a completely riveting, breathtaking time. You have to buy the American Premiere version which is a greyish colour cover, with Glenn Close on the front, it will blow you away. If you have heard the UK world premiere version and noticed the awful continuity and lack lustre music, then you will be in for a treat when you finally hear Ms Close and her cast really bring it to life....how it should be. I guess the UK version has it's merits, but it lacks the sparkle of the U.S. version and should perhaps be put to bed.
But I absolutely adore the show, have seen it all over the world, and just hope Mr Lloyd Webber ensures Ms Close is in the movie version of Sunset whenever it is made.

Sunset Boulevard: World Premiere Recording
Sunset Boulevard: World Premiere Recording by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber (Audio CD - 1993)