Format: Audio CDChange

on 7 June 2004
What a rare and gifted talent this woman is. It's a total travesty that there aren't more albums to her name, and so it's even more important I put in a word for this one. Here Mica treats us to some of the finest female soul vocals I have ever heard. 'You Put a Move on my Heart' alone is worth the cover price; Mica lilts and sways and utterly engrosses with the total allure of her voice. Awesome. 'Love Keeps Coming Back' is another vocal masterpiece. As far as the songs themselves go it's a patchy album, but nevertheless ranks as one of my all time favourites just because it's a chance to hear Mica at work. Completely wonderful.
on 15 April 2012
I purchased this cd when it originally came out when I was in my later teenage years and I can say that when I play it now it has not dated in anyway and this is mainly down to Mica's exquisite voice. She always manages to bring even a mediocre track to life, although there are no mediocre tracks on this cd. There is a mixture of uptempo to slow tracks with a good balance made for each genre. This, for me, has got to be one of her best albums, but maybe that is also down to memories I hold from that time when I played this cd over and over again. Mica does not get the recognition she deserves with her outstanding talent but for us guys who do appreciate her talent well what a treasure it is.
on 18 February 2013
This wasa classic album from a wonderful eighties star. This was the epitome of the eightis. Light in places, pop in others but always an undercurrent of good british soul
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2014
Bought this album years ago, Mica Paris is one of my favourite singers, all of her albums are great but this is the one I would take to the proverbial desert island--the songs are all good but are transformed into something extra special by Mica's soaring soulfull vocals, ably supported by some superb backing singers and top musicians (check out some of the bass lines). This is possibly my all time favourite album, I've listened to it so many times but it still blows me away!!! Totally magical and absolutely brilliant!