5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums ever!
Published on 24 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good début
First album by the Irish band, some great tracks (Dreams, Linger) but not so good as the albums arrived later. Anyway a good début album for sure.
Published 7 months ago by Young Offender

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums ever!, 24 Aug 2001
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
When I first heard this album I knew that it was going to go on to be a classic of its time and I was not wrong. The cranberries are an amazing group and this debut album was the album that made the world sit up and take notice. Most people recognise the tracks of "dreams" and "linger" but if you explore further you will find a complete work of art with fantastic melody and the stunning vocals of Delores O'riordan. This album is in a class of its own. Buy it and you will always treasure it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An achingly beautiful, simply amazing debut album, 30 Mar 2003
Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
This remarkable CD is, in my opinion, the most remarkable debut album I have ever heard. I fell in love with the song Linger as soon as I heard it, so I naturally went right out and bought the album. I was impressed then and I’m still impressed. This music is so distinctive and achingly beautiful that it remains as fresh and enjoyable now, all these years later, as it did then. It is ironic that an album with such a long name features songs with short titles, but the overall disc really takes precedence over the individual songs. I actually have trouble remembering the title for each song, but this is primarily because this album is almost organic in its completeness, simply teeming with life and substance. I just don’t put this CD in the drive and listen to a song here or there; I have to experience the whole thing every time I play it. I’m not sure how this distinctive type of music should be classified; I don’t know if its primary influence is Welsh or Celtic or something else. All I know is that Dolores O’Riordan has the most distinctive voice I have ever heard, and her vocals make each song hauntingly beautiful and absolutely amazing. This album creates a surreal atmosphere inside your mind and really and truly hypnotizes you with its power. I love every single song on here; Linger is of course my favorite, while I Still Do and Dreams stand out slightly from the crowd, but the quality of this music is spread lavishly from start to finish. This is as polished and unbelievably complete an album as a group or artist can hope to deliver. Even the Cranberries, as much as I love their music, have never quite been able to recapture the magic of this first album.
I will end my lavish praise of this CD by pointing out the great utility of its music. This album is perfect for just about any occasion or any mood. If you are feeling good, this music reinforces and increases your happiness; if you are feeling sad and lonely, it touches your heart and helps you indulge your blue mood in a way that refreshes you; if you are angry, it calms you down with its hypnotizing calmness. Many are the nights I have played this album to help me calm down and go to sleep. Few albums can boast this sort of utility; this is music that fits every mood and never fails to move me in some way. If I live to be 100, I will still be turning the old hearing aid up and listening to this album on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on a nostalgia trip..., 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
I had this album when I was on my early 20's and listened to it on a loop. I thought I'd replace it having given it away some years ago to a charity shop. It's still as good as I remember. Very good seller too, good value for money and fast delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
Dolores and co at their finest with one of the most heart felt and honest CDs of the mid 1990s .

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 years on love em as much!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
I first bought this album many years ago in Ireland when I first discovered the amazing lyrical strands of this band x I have just rebought it as my old cd knackered. I love them as much now as I did in my 20's !

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 16 Mar 2013
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
Dolores O Riordan really is beautiful and has an exquisite voice.I would vote The Cranberries as the best band to start off in the 1990's I particularly love 'Dreams' and 'Linger'

5.0 out of 5 stars Although her voice can get annoying, this is a great cd, 16 Nov 1999
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
Although Delores' voice can get a bit annoying sometimes as it tends to go over the top, I do enjoy listening to this cd. I think this cd is the best of any of their works. More of these songs really made it from this album than from any of their others. This is another one of those rare releases that I can listen to beginning to end - there are no bad songs here and many of them I find are actually quite familiar even though I am not familiar with the song title. (Another favorite is linger which a friend once told me was about passing gas...) If you like the songs "Disappointment" and "Ode to my Family" from the release No Need to Argue, you should find the songs on this cd more akin to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best albums ive ever bought, 16 Dec 2000
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
Its not often that i buy an album and like every single track on it but this is definately one of those albums where i do!! although the Cranberries have released albums since this I personally think this is their best one. this is a definate 'must have' for all Cranberrie fans as well as those of you who like hearing true Irish talent at its best!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, from beginning to end!, 18 July 2000
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
To produce a debut albumn this good shows the quality of this Irish band from Limmerick. Dolores O'Riordan is the heart of this band and always seems to produce so much energy and meaning when performing. This albumn gave us 'Linger' in my mind a classic song which was wrote by Dolores and is about an early boyfriend of hers! If you like moody songs this is a great albumn to put into any collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent display of musical talent, 4 Dec 1999
This review is from: Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? (Audio CD)
This is the Cranberries' debut album, and never fails to impress me each time I listen to it. Listen silently to the flawless singing technique of Dolores O'Riordan; feel the glaring passion and life in her voice; and drown in the haunting music that will change your life momentarily, if not forvever.

Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?
Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries (Audio CD - 1993)