Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 January 2014
Living up to the superb 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' was always going to be tough, especially given the nature of Elton's crazy contract at DJM, which saw him having to release albums at a very brisk pace. Unsurprisingly, 'Caribou' struggles to maintain high quality throughout but, in the final analysis, holds up pretty well. 3 tracks on this collection stand out for me - the up-tempo strut of 'You're So Static', the evergreen classic 'Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me' and the 7.5 minute 'Ticking' which is both lyrically and musically sublime. Buy this after the previous 2 albums 'Don't Shoot Me...' and the peerless 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'.
on 3 August 2013
I cannot understand the negative comments I have seen regarding Caribou. It is by far my favourite Elton recording.

It is diverse and simply oozes class and talent.

Give it a chance - it is superb.
on 1 January 2013
i added this to my collection because it was one of only 3 i didnt have on cassette from his early albums 1970-1976-still looking for madman across the water-anyone? and also 17-11-70 live...
on 14 May 2015
Brought back teenage memories! Listening again after all these, er, decades, I notice lots of additional meanings that I was too young to pick up on first time around, ooer! Hindsight, eh.
on 22 June 2013
I originally bought this album on vynyl back in the mid 70's. It fun and some great tracks including "Don't let the Sun go down on me" and "The Bitch is Back"
on 24 March 2014
Great album had as a kid and still sounds great downloads are so good theses days ive got it in cloud its works as back up and is cheaper cant fault
on 13 January 2012
I am singing along with all of the songs, although I have not heard them for ages.
One of Eltons best, in his best writing period
on 17 April 2013
Had forgotten how good this was, as I only had it on record. dont think the bonus track is in keeping with the original tracks
on 9 May 2014
Some fabulous tunes on this CD - Often buried amongst other Elton John albums of the period. which is a shame
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 July 2011
Don't miss out on this album. It does tend to get forgotten as it came after GYBR, but its got some great tracks on it. The obvious classic is "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on me", and rightly so, its a marvellous track with a great gospel feel and anthemic chorus. Much of the rest of the album is down to personal taste. Being a rock 'n' roll and rhythm and blues fan I love the tracks with the Tower of Power horn section on them, so "Stinker" and "You're So Static" are two of my favourites. However theres a slight country influence on some other tracks so you takes your pick. "Ticking" is an epic solo Piano and vocal track which is very unusual in that the Piano and vocal were recorded live at the same time whch is very rare for a 'pop'; even one made nearly 40 years ago.

The bonus tracks are pretty good and the CD is well packaged, and as you can pick it up pretty cheap theres no excuse for not having this in your collection.