4.0 out of 5 stars My Way - 4 stars

Published 22 months ago by egyptian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars My Way - 4 stars, 3 Mar. 2004
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
I've just listened to My Way by Usher, and it's just one of those CD's you can sit down and relax to. Although it's a short album, there are songs on it that draw your attention. The first track, You make me wanna... is a great way to start off the album as it highlights his vocal talent, although it need not be the last track as well. The extended version just adds a minute or so on to the song at the beginning with an instrumental, which is a bit pointless in my opinion.
Other songs which were pretty good were 'Come Back' and 'Bedtime'. Come Back displays a slight preview in to what 8701 is like (a more developed, edgier sound)and Bedtime is another song which shows off Ushers vocal talent.
Overall, this is a good buy. Although not as developed as 8701, it is still a worthy CD for Usher and R&B fans alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars fantastic slice of r'n'b!!!!!, 24 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
usher has created a fantastic album the songs are slick and have some cool raps from JD an Lil' kim. The best tracks have to be the number 1 smash "you make me wanna" and "slow jam". They are fantastic . i cant wait for the next album!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent mix by one of todays hottest young soul stars, 4 Nov. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
The tunes are soulful and sweet, with a good mix of slow tracks to suduce by and upbeat tracks to chill out to. Has to be the best purchase of the year so far that will see me into the millenium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usher's voice is sexy, smoldering....., 26 Nov. 2003
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
I normally don't like rap, but when I heard Usher/My Way for the first time I fell in love with some of the songs on this Grammy-nominated second CD by Atlanta native Usher. This CD isn't only rap but R&B. I enjoy Usher's smooth voice and the romantic lyrics he sings, especially in such tracks as the smoldering "Slow Jam" duet with Monica, the gentle yet sexy "I Will" with its catchy backbeat and sensual lyrics, and "One Day You'll Be Mine" which is good for either dancing or, shall I say, more intimate endeavors.
So even if you don't like rap, you might want to listen to Usher/My Way and maybe you'll be just as impressed as I was by this young man's voice and talent. He has released several other albums since this 1997 production (which also comes in a clean, less explicit edition), so if you like the material on this CD, maybe you'll listen to newer offerings by Usher such as 8701 and U-Turn.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so keen, 22 Aug. 2013
Not really into this album
Maybe a couple of good tracks but own much better Usher albums than this
Will play it in the car, on longer trips as a sing along but it's not moving me

5.0 out of 5 stars Usher - My way, 29 May 2014
Excellent album.
Excellent sound and quality.
I would definitely recommend this album to any one who likes music from this era.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his best albums, 29 Jan. 2014
Mr. J. D. V. Thompson "Jthomp" (Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
My personal view is this is his best album
When he was young and fresh on the R&B scene before his music started turning commercial

5.0 out of 5 stars Usher My Way, 20 Aug. 2010
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
My very first Usher album, bought in 1997 love this guy and he gets better with age awesome album very 90's Hiphop Soul good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars fab buy, 5 Aug. 2010
Mrs. K. Higginbottom (mcr uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
brill price perfect in every way speedy delivery will defiantly buy from seller again v v v happy with my purchase

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 July 2014
This review is from: My Way (Audio CD)
Good album, bit slow compared to his latest stuff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Way
My Way by Usher (Audio CD - 2003)