5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless treasure
Published on 11 April 2006 by gingerjacker

2.0 out of 5 stars it was not great
I got it as i liked some of her stuff, but this was not her best ..i'm sure it is personal taste but hey ho
Published 11 months ago by mr russell waterhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless treasure, 11 April 2006
This review is from: Homebrew (Audio CD)
When Q magzine does those lists of the greatest albums of all time as they love to do, they're always more interesting for the ones they left off - Homebrew, as far as I'm aware is never there. Homebrew was an oddity even when it was released - underappreciated. Neneh was just doing her own thing and those of us who liked it, really liked it. Everything works on this album. The production, as the title suggests, is stripped back and more raw than raw like sushi. With the exception of possibly Marvin Gaye, this album is a personal statement from an artist at a very specific moment in her life. It's honest, sometimes paniful and always so unconcerned with fashion that it is eternally hip. Neneh, this is your masterpiece. Thanks a million.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Neneh Cherry Album, 24 Feb 2005
This review is from: Homebrew (Audio CD)
Having purchased all 3 of Neneh Cherry's albums which are all completely different. I have to say this is her best Album. It may not have sold as many as the other 2 but it's my favourite by far. Their are so many stand out tracks on this album such as the single Buddy X, Peace In Mind, Red Paint and Move With Me. Also look out for the duet with R.E.M's lead singer Michael Stipe on the track Trout. Buy this album because once you've listen to it about three times you won't stop listening to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cherry Pie., 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Homebrew (Audio CD)
Just love this from Neneh. This is expressive, creative Jazz to my way of thinking from an artist with something to say and express. There's colour, texture, shape and space here and Neneh puts it together on a strikingly meaningful CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Album!!, 30 Oct 2011
K. Stewart "kindkazie" (U K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homebrew (Audio CD)
What I love about this album is that it has a mixture of well above avaerage hip hop and rock content. The lyrics to each track is pretty good too. No doubt, this is one of my favourite albums. Overall, terrific production and Neneh Cherry was and still is a terrific role model for young teenage girls and that includes women of all ages too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars another desert island disk.............., 15 Dec 1999
This review is from: Homebrew (Audio CD)
Hard to say why really, her best album I think, really well produced, often simple but very varied. I can't remember any of it being in the charts - I guess some of it was and I think she's remixed and re-released 'Buddy X' (Of course, I prefer the album track...). I can't really remember how or why I bought it first. I think I read a review in a dentist waiting room Time magazine once - odd, I know - but I'm glad I did.

2.0 out of 5 stars it was not great, 9 Jan 2014

Homebrew
Homebrew by Neneh Cherry (Audio CD - 1992)