This blows away almost anything else in the 90's by anyone - Bold statement I know - But Go Compare !
Published 6 months ago by K. Foster

2.0 out of 5 stars over blown disappointment
I was just getting into Simple Minds at the end of 1994 when out of the blue, this album came out. I saw She's a River on a music channel and this marked the dawn of the new material. I bought the album on the day of release, and was disappointed with a weeks worth of plays. I much preferred the earlier work I was just discovering before hand. The album does have a few...
Published on 27 Aug 2008 by MrH77

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Good News from the Next World (Audio CD)
Another good one from north of the border boys. They may have got the listings a bit out of sinc with this album though, in my opinion anyway. SHE'S A River is in my opinion the most dynamic track but I feel they should have ''buried it deeper into the album to give the listener something to look forward to. That is only my personal view but still a good album none the less.
Sean Bradley Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought they would never top Once Upon a Time - I was wrong., 4 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars at there peak, 2 Nov 2013
I GOT THIS CD AS A PRESENT AS HEAVY ROCK FAN I WAS VERY MIFFED AT XMAS WITH IT, UNTIL I GIVE IT A SPIN ITS ONE OF THOSE THAT GETS BETTER WITH EVERY LISTEN BIT OVER PRODUCED BUT I THINK ITS DONE THAT WAY TO SUIT THE SONGS, THE GUITAR WORK AND SOLOS ARE FIRST CLASS I DID NOT THINK THIS BAND COULD PLAY TO THIS STANDARD STILL IN SHOCK ALL THESE YEARS ON I NEVER LIKED THEM AT ALL BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CD

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 10 Feb 2012
M. D. Barker "ronbookman" (leeds, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good News from the Next World (Audio CD)
If you like the simples you'll love this, don't dismiss it on a few plays, it will grow on you....

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent listening..., 23 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Good News from the Next World (Audio CD)
Although most artists who were a success in the 80's never managed to improve on their work in the 90's, this album can truly be classed as a success for Simple Minds. If you liked the distinctive Simple Minds sound, then this is an album for you. Definately the best album they made in the 90's.

4.0 out of 5 stars QUALITY SIMPLE MINDS ALBUM, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Good News from the Next World (Audio CD)
SIMPLE MINDS DOWN TO 2 ORIGINAL MEMBERS PUMP OUT A GREAT ALBUM , ONLY RETURNED THIS PURCHASE BECAUSE
CD SKIPPING EVEN AFTER CLEANING

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 26 Feb 2013
another great album from one of the best,some solid new tracks great vocals brilliant , simply what you expect from simple minds

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim and Charlie did us proud........, 17 Sep 2003
Stephen T. Lowrey "STL" (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
It's nice to see Kerr and Burchill have made a come back with an astounding album.
'She's a River' has got to be one of their best songs yet, perfest to lead the new 'bohemian' look that Simple Minds have adopted.
The hippy beat and electronic base line are a perfect foil to Kerrs baritones as he hammers out 'Seven Deadly Sins' and flies through 'Great Leap Forward'.
I recommend this to any Simple Minds fan who wishes to experience a completely new Minds - truly landmark.
Jim and Charlie have certainly done us proud!

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree, a masterpiece, 27 May 2004
Adamski (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this album when it came out and initially only the singles got through to me, I thought the rest was a bit boring. Blimey was I wrong. This is a real grower and those types of albums are always the ones you love the longest. I regularly grab it from my collection and give it a spin. Every song is a corker, brilliant rhythms, great guitar work by Monsieur Burchill and the whole work has a warm groove to it. Stunning. Buy this and Live In The City Of Light - can't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars An overlooked masterpiece, 5 Sep 2003
P. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good News from the Next World (Audio CD)
A great album in my opinion with every track sounding like it belongs on a greatest hits album.

Good News from the Next World
Good News from the Next World by Simple Minds (Audio CD - 1995)