5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, and one of his best ever
The breathtaking feature of this album, which was recorded by Scaggs with Ricky Fataar and some session aces, is its versatility and genre-hopping.

The CD starts with a straight-ahead, almost retro rock track ("You Got My Letter"), then moves into leather-jacket rock with the Springsteen-esque title track.

Thereafter, we are treated to an...
Published on 17 May 2006 by Friendlycard

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, and one of his best ever, 17 May 2006
Friendlycard (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)

Thereafter, we are treated to an Eagles-style ballad, "Sierra", which matches any Eagles song ever, some "in the heat of the night"-type rock, and even country. The latter is normally a genre which I dislike, but Scaggs makes it work.

Sheer versatility, sheer talent, such panache, and richly deserving of all five stars. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer quality, 12 Aug 2003
Andrew Corless "luggy" (Northern France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
I bought this CD because I have loved "Lido Shuffle" since it was a big hit in the 1970s when I was just a teenager, but I knew absolutely nothing else at all by Boz Scaggs. I have to say I have rarely had such a pleasant surprise: if you like intelligent R&B and singers like George Benson, Steve Miller, and Billie Paul you'll love this. Boz Scaggs has a wonderful voice with a range that was barely touched on in "Lido Shuffle"; it's the perfect CD to play in the car or at home late at night with the lights down low. Favourite songs for me would be "I'll Be the One" and "Sierra" but really there isn't a filler track among them. Buy it and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars As ever Boz Scaggs at his best, 22 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
Boz Scaggs has never written, sung or played a bad song. This cd is full to the brim of his excellant musical and vocal talent. He never fails to hit the spot.I have listened to this over and over again. Sierra is such a lovely balade,I'll be the one is a stormer of a song.It all just flows together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy and Eclectic, 13 May 2010
Mr. M. Rogers "Dodgers" (Bristol, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
Never one to stint when it comes to production values, Scaggs has come up with the goods again here. The eclectic choice of songs suits his mellow and flexible voice and the standard of session musicianship is exemplary. A classy product from a classy - and vastly underrated - singer/songwriter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous!, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
A superb album by a hugely talented and entertaining artist. Not a disappointing track in this collection of a representation of his songwriting and performing talents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 12 Jan 2013
HMW "Helen" (Plwmp, West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
Bought this as I had heard the track SIERRA and liked the guy's voice. Have not been disappointed by the CD - its brilliant - easy listening and very much like the' old style' R & B. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Late Convert, 8 July 2014
David Hough (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
Listening to Middle Man but writing about Some Change. I'm a late convert, it's like I've always been looking the other way, but I'm right there now. What a vocal range, what a writing range, love the drummer (essential), love the opening You Got My Letter, love the slows Sierra and Lost It, great finish, ten finely crafted songs for endless listening pleasure.It's a product of the seventies realised in the nineties and it's timeless. Can't get enough, by 'em all!.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album/great voice., 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
this album never sounds dated,it still sounds as good as when first released.Track Sierra outstanding.A masterpiece of song writing.Beautiful guitar work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some change, 9 Nov 2010
just needed another copy. slight damage to cover but what the hell
,dont play the cover.

3.0 out of 5 stars Purchase Review, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Some Change (Audio CD)
Thank you so much for allowing me to submit my review of the recently purchased items. Initially I was expecting our local postman to put the packages through my letterbox. I was not at home when they arrived but a neighbour tells the story of two low loaders fitted with hydraulic cranes unloaded them. They now cover all of my lawn, extend across my driveway, over the fish pond and block all access to my home.
Also I can't help but notice that the largest of the packages is emanating a curious high frequency tone, which has lured several packs of stray dogs. Fortunately the dogs are repelling the council officials who are making demands that I obtain planning permission for the packages.
I am also conscious that one of the items is emitting a very curious odour which has attracted large flocks of African Vultures, which are a rare sight in rural Norfolk. These birds have become a magnet for hundreds of twitchers who line the street on a daily basis. Their clicking cameras have already exposed some clandestine activities involving the lady at number 127. Police had to be called when a swarthy gentleman caught on camera leaving by a rear window, threatened several twitchers. He graphically described just what he intended to do with their telephoto lenses. This has prompted several of my neighbours to offer their homes for sale, even though property prices in the area have recently plummeted.
I now wonder if I may have inadvertently entered an inappropriate digit on the order form and acquired erroneous objects.

Some Change
Some Change by Boz Scaggs (Audio CD - 1994)