4.0 out of 5 stars Sing we Christmas with Chanticleer, 6 Feb 2009
W. A. Clayton "will" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing We Christmas (Audio CD)
Sing We Christmas
My wife and I were very pleased with this disc, the music and singing are really beautiful. The disc makes a lovely addition to our christmas collection, although we shall be listening to it at other times as well. Well done Chanticleer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably my favorite Christmas album..., 11 Jan 2011
Andrew R. Barnard (Leola, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing We Christmas (Audio CD)
I've always loved Christmas music. While I have many Christmas CD's that I love and appreciate, this one takes the Number One spot for me. Chanticleer's singing is absolutely superb. The all-male group sings with an amazingly rich tone. The counter tenors take their part very seriously; they sound interesting and exciting without sounding light hearted and flippant. The basses and baritones make a wonderful contrast with the tenors and counter tenors - their voices are unbelievably rich and deep. The selections on this CD are marvelous, ranging from the Renaissance to the modern-day carols.

My personal favorite track is Herbert Howells "Here is the Little Door". This is a chilling carol that never ceases to thrill me when I hear it. Then there's a marvelous arrangement of "In the Bleak Midwinter", the old Classic "In Dulci Jublio", and, the last track, "Silent Night". Silent Night is giving a performance that is the best I have ever heard; I can never listen to its opening without chills going down my spine.

I do not hesitate do give this my unconditional recommendation. Chanticleer's musicianship is impeccable.

Sing We Christmas
Sing We Christmas by Chanticleer (Audio CD - 1995)